Y&R: Anthony Morina OUT as EP!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Enough. You can care about a show and still think it's been bad a real long time. People have been watching these shows decades and many of us have deep emotional attachments to them. I know people who love Y&R and it's because they love it that they're so upset with it. You don't have to agree with them but you can't stop them and you've been here long enough. Get over it.

• Members

Substantive point, though. I’m still estranged from Y&R, but from what I hear about the show, they probably needed a clean sweep. 

But the issue remains, with retirements of some writers and producers linked to the show, and others well and truly attached to other shows, who is experienced out there that could be parachuted in? Or promoted from within?

• Members

I've been finding it surprisingly enjoyable in spite of its flaws and even I would LOVE a change. Someone who has a handle on the show like the old guard, but if Sony and the like MUST have it modernized...someone who can do that as well along with someone who knows the show. 

• Members

Plenty of good people could take the job. The question is who wants to, and does CBS/Sony care enough to bother to make substantive change instead of continuing to simply let Y&R/B&B mark time, continue to make money overseas, fill a timeslot adequately in the US and merely run out the clock? The answer so far is no. The show has been on autopilot for the better part of a decade.

Edited by Vee