Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I found it.  It was Friday.  

Ashley (shivers):    Brrrr.  Wow.  

Tucker:  What'll you have?

Ashley:  I would love a hot chocolate.  

Tucker:  You sure you don't want some fancy coffee drink with foam and extra shots and scalded ---

Ashley:  Tucker, I'm a very simple girl.  Ok, you don't buy it, huh.  How about some cinnamon on top?  

Tucker:  Of what?  A hot chocolate?  

Ashley:  Yes.  

Tucker (motions to mute barista):  Hi, Sir.  Two hot chocolates with cinnamon, please.  Keep the change.  

[The whole thing was like a low-budget parody of the coffee shop scene in Tommy Wiseau's The Room, where everyone orders cheesecake, water, and coffee.  Except Tommy Wiseau could afford extras.  But with Eileen Davidson's salary, the barista practically had his mouth duct-taped shut.]

• Members

I think it's past that point currently. I think it's been starting to go that way for the last few years now. Even Days has better-looking sets than this show. I kind of wish they would just transform that hotel set into an apartment set. And don't get me started on Noah's tacky-looking business that seems to be more of a supper club than an actual nightclub.

When COVID occurred and we saw how sparse the sets were, their cost-effective measures became more apparent to the viewers. In a way, it would be more effective to have characters such as Noah, Abby, etc., work at their family companies if they want to save money on sets.

• Members

GH is the best looking soap (only B&B's camera work is slightly better). Big numerous sets, different angles, multiple extras, characters dressed appropriately for the season.

I've exhausted everything I've wanted to say about Y&R but glad to see this old creep gone.

• Members

If the show cut some of their cast: Chloe, Chelsea, Michael, Abby, Chance, for examples...they could afford a few $1500 extras now and then. The show doesn't need 40 characters to be compelling. (and therefore wouldn't need as many sets for all of them).

• Members

I know Mal Young was not my favorite, i.e., "that gift for Mishael Morgan," but I think he did have a point when he got rid of Chelsea, Kevin, and Chloe. I would have Chelsea and Johnny start to bond, and then perhaps she dies in a plane crash. And Kevin, Chloe, and those kids of theirs can move to Silicon Valley.

Edited by Forever8

• Members

They should have Chelsea be able to better manage her depression in a bit and maybe send her, Billy, and Johnny off together for a happy ending. It would be too depressing to have her succumb to some tragic fate now. Plus Billy is played out, and losing JT would only free up more budget.