General Hospital: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I try to watch now and then but everything seems disjointed. They have some great soapy stories going on but they're broken up so much that I forget about most of them lingering in the background. 

The hook.

Victor's downfall.

Willow's mom.

Trina's dad. 

Esme with Nickolas and Elizabeth pulled in. 

The hook serial killer is a story that should be generating lots of buzz. It has been going on for how long? There have been no real stakes...until now with Rory. Yes, people have been attacked...but then the story disappears without movement for a week or two. Say what you will about DAYS, but when the show does a crazy story, they do it. I know the Hook is part of Trina's story, but it should have been more. GH has so many characters that could be taken down by the Hook. Do it up. What does the show have to lose at this point? If it wants to stay on network, it needs some buzz. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This show is set in a hospital???

Lol thanks, that seems a lot swirling around all at once. And fits in with modern soaps idea that "everyone must be blood related".

However with all my complaints about GH it's the only soap left that feels like a soap opera. Days is a meth addicts fever dream and B&B and Y&R are just terminally boring.

• Members

Awww Rory

I know a lot of y'all didn't like him, but he didn't bother me at all. I was really hoping for a Spencer/Trina/Rory triangle, with Spencer being the winner of course 

Please register in order to view this content

I hope we find out the backstage tea about how this came about. Something tells me that this wasn't in the original plan when Rory made his debut.

• Members

Rory was such a pretty corpse.  The Hooker must be short, because none of the victims ever have any facial scarring.

Also, are Nikolas and Ava the only couple to ever negotiate a divorce settlement in Port Charles since Alan and Lucy (I think Scotty handled that one as well)?  Carly seems to have been divorced many times without ever consulting an attorney.

I'm still betting Nikolas dies before the papers are signed.  Especially with Spencer talking about "splitting town" (I guess none of the GH writers know how Gen Z'ers speak?  Next week Cam is going to "groove on down" to Kelly's Diner), and Trina reminding us that Spencer's original motive was wanting to cause trouble for Ava.  It seems like a set up for the next obstacle in the Trina/Spencer relationship.

Edited by j swift

• Members

12-9

Well...as I see it...we have three events coming up...all perfect for climaxing some of these stories.

1) Sonny/Valentin shipment

2) Portia/Curtis on Jan 15...a month from now and just perfectly time with Spencer's release I see.

3)Anna/Valentin/Scorpio/Laura vs Victor 

I expect one of those to climax in February, but I do see the events being lined up between now and then and hope they build as good as the Maxie/Peter wedding with the Alex reveal did. 

That said...let me just go ahead and SWOON for these Sprina scenes. Spencer came in hot and darn it if I was not feeling their chemistry at the restaurant. And I've said it in the spoiler thread...I'm really and truly am loving the heck out of AC's hair. I could just hmmmmmmmmmmm. lol. I can even ignore the clear point in the conversation where editing had his old hairstyle pop in for a second. It came back.

Please register in order to view this content

I too have felt the disjointedness of the writing as of late, but this was a pretty good week. Spencer got out of jail. Nik/Liz dealing with Victor and Finn (I still don't see any romance coming there @carolineg, but I do worry she will be thrown under the bus for Nik or just be a supporting character like she was with Finn). Anna/Valentin reunion with Martin makes three...and a fun adventure as they work to bring Victor down. The Esme mother reveal...which I admit to be conflicted about...but that's because I'm wondering if it checks out with what we have established about Esme so far. 

I hope that was not the last we saw of Jeff Webber. If so...ugh.

It was nice to see the vets through the week however.

• Administrator

Agreed. I've liked Tabyana since the beginning but today was not good.  I wonder what happened.  Not getting proper directing?  I'll give her a pass for today's episode and hope she'll be better next time she gets some big dramatic scenes. 

Alley Mills and Jon Lindstrom are fantastic together!  Heather and Ryan can be PC's version of The Joker and Harley Quinn.  LOL

• Members

I’m really impressed by Alley Mills.  Considering how fast they shoot now, it’s fun to see layers coming through her performance.

I have not really enjoyed zany Heather antics since the character was reintroduced in the 2000’s.  I preferred Mattson’s earlier characterizations, more of a schemer than insane, certainly capable of awful things.  Mills gives her a menacing edge which is pretty fun the watch.  It feels like more of a bridge between the wounded, needy person she started out as and the outright maniac she has been more recently.

• Members

It should come to a head in February if they are going to have to write out Valentin because JPS is filming Villains for the Disney Channel again. It was in February last year when Valentin disappeared for two months with no explanation till over a month later when Anna told Drew that Valentin was at a clinic because he got an infection from his gun shot wound, which eventually ended up being a half truth. Valentin was at the clinic but for only a week before he was off doing Victor's bidding off screen.

Edited by dawn9476

• Members

— Does Rory have ANY family? Or do we keep pretending Trina was the only person he knew and was close to?

— Too many paternity questions in storylines.

— Too many characters constantly rewritten with fuller and different backstories.

— Garbage stories like the Austin and Maxie compatibility story.

— —Ridiculous stories like Liz carrying Nic’s baby.