General Hospital: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree Tyler shouldn't be back unless his sobriety and health are certain. I think Nick Stabile was a generic white suburban dad, he wasn't Nik to me at all. The new temp is a non-entity IMO. As long as it's not serial scammer Coltin Scott Stephen Martines I'm open!

• Members

Yeah, I guess I have been so disappointed in MC that I have lost the love for Nik.  Not even love, but actually caring about the character.  MC started off okay, but he's just not doing it for me and I don't think either sub is much worse than MC.  But to @Vee's point, a good recast could really change the trajectory of the character.  I suppose all he needs is to have good chem with MW and NC unless they are going the Nik/Liz route again, but I can't really tell what's going on there lol.

• Members

As I mentioned a few days ago, Nikolas's death could be good storywise for Ava and Spencer, because they would both be wealthy and it would motivate a further adversarial relationship with Victor.  Plus, having Spencer as the head of Wyndemere, while fighting Esme about the rightful heir, could be very Gossip Girl-esque.

But, it would be sad for the character of Laura to have lost two out of three of her kids (I know Lulu's not dead, but...)

Edited by j swift

• Members

My prediction (without knowing any spoilers) is that the climax is all going to come out at the wedding, Trina's going to get hurt, she'll need blood, they'll need a relative and her father will be revealed

Just as Carly is going to find out that Willow's sick and she'll need to reveal who Willow's mother is in order to save her life.  It will be an obstacle in Carly's romance, because Drew will be mad that she kept the secret, and lead to a quad with Nina, Sonny, Carly and Drew, because somehow Nina and Drew will be drawn to each other in the crisis, and for whatever reason Sonny will understand Carly's predicament. 

Because in Port Charles a man can keep his identity, past marriages, and career a secret for years without consequence, but god forbid a woman holds an innocent confidence from her partner, then he will never trust her again. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Technically, Britt's diagnosis is terminal and Willow is just being cautious about treatment for a potentially non-fatal illness due to her pregnancy.

To be fair, the story is set in a hospital where terminal illnesses are more commonplace; although IRL Huntington's Disease and Leukemia might not cause as much fainting as seems to happen to Britt and Willow.

Edited by j swift

• Members

When the writing is there, Jordi can be good. The problem is that the writing is rarely there on these shows, so you need someone who can compensate like Nicholas Chavez can. You need somebody who can bring what NC is bringing, which is a tall order because he’s brilliant.

• Members

When the writing is there Jordi can be very hot.  I’m not sure he has ever really blown me away as an actor.  But hot and charismatic can be fine on daytime, just not as Nikolas.  I always default to how much can they hold their own against Genie?  Because if she is on the show, that’s the baseline Nikolas needs to meet.