General Hospital: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Same here.

I like the storyline but I really hate Joss

Please register in order to view this content

She’s coming off like such a selfish, unfeeling whore that doesn’t seem to care at all about what she’s doing to her boyfriend. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes this might actually be the start of a good couple if wasn't Joss part of it.  It really is the only pairing of hers I have found even slightly enjoyable or tolerable.  

It is so weird that Joss knows she's no longer in love with Cameron and the spark is gone.  That's fine.  They are young and it happens.  But she is telling everyone except her boyfriend and kissing and mooning over Dex.  She is just literally avoiding her boyfriend so she doesn't have to break up with him.  Cam always deserved better, but this is pretty bad and it's played like we should be on Joss's side in this.

Whatever, I can see why most think it's a flop, but we are going to be stuck with Joss regardless.  The bar is low, but I think this is the best pairing and story she's been a part of.

• Members

Aww...the Christmas Eve Eve episode that aired today was so bittersweet.  Loved all the old characters interacting.

I hope Britt ends up getting a miracle and (more importantly) that beautiful actress stays on GH

Ellie & Griffin Munro dating was a nice surprise.  I hope that means they'll both be back in Port Charles soon.

• Members

Joss and Dex have strong chemistry and I like that we've seen her express she knows she's a hypocrite considering how she's treated Sonny and Nina. I needed her to be dropped down a peg and this helps. I just wish they'd do the same for Willow and Michael, two cheaters who have no room to judge anybody.

Now my only thing with Joss/Dex is that I feel it'll be an excuse to sideline Cameron. He deserves a proper story and love interest as well. He's never had chemistry with Joss so it's no loss IMO. But he deserves someone.

• Members

GH had the unique fortune to tell stories about people being snowed in today during this "historic" frost across the east coast.  I am certain they could not have predicted this kismet when they wrote the episodes months ago.

While I am willing to suspend disbelief about Maxie and Spinelli both winding up in Canada, (although neither was appropriately costumed for the weather, and Maxie was flying private while Spinelli was flying commercial, but somehow they were in the same terminal),  I feel nothing about the romantic pairing of those two characters because, historically, they were each other's backup plan rather than their end game.

Edited by j swift

• Members

At this point, I’d say just reunite them and write them out. Bradford won’t commit to full time and Maxie/Austin are DOA. There’s like nothing they could do with either of them. Maxie needs a break from Port Charles anyway. 

And, Austin can just go away and never come back.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I feel like the writers have finally caught and clue and listened to me about Spinelli/Maxie.  I liked them back in the day.  I still think it's Maxie's best pairing and I don't think they were each other's back ups.  Although I do think Georgie/Spinelli would have been much better.

Anyhow, we have all been saying the same about KS for months/years now.  I don't think you have to write them out.  Spinelli appears often enough that Maxie/Spinelli could be together and KS could finish out her contract and share scenes with others.  Then I'd drop KS to recurring and have her and Spinelli pop in and out.   It gives the character of Maxie a reasonable out and a bit of a happy ending.

• Members

You are not alone on seeing chemistry between Dex/Joss @carolineg.

Please register in order to view this content

I have gone on record several times saying that I would rather have seen Joss/Cam/Esme than where it went (Heck, who is to say Esme/Cam won't happen once she gets out of the room), but I thought that the writers did a good job establishing Dex before they threw him at Joss. Joss ain't my favorite person, but look at her getting interesting around him. 

I do wonder what they are going to do with Cam though. I like Joss feels guilty. But not so guilty that she is stopping. It is giving me DAYS Austin/Carrie/Mike vibes. 

• Members

Joss and Dex remind me of Carly and Jason. Eden McCoy resembles Laura Wright, and the scenes where she's taking care of Dex compares tto Jason, as he always had a female character tending to him after being injured. 

How do you all feel about Esme being Heather's daughter? There goes GH's incessant need to tie new characters to the canvas again.

Maxie might aswell be with Spinelli. Nathan aside she hasn't had a viable romantic pairing --or storyline-- for that matter in years. The character has burned out. If they wanted to keep Nathan alive, the actor who plays Detective Chase would've been a decent recast.