General Hospital: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish I could be more involved in this thread, lol! I'm so trying, but there are way too many characters. I'll learn in due time. Who is this little bitch who keeps harping about how she never had a birthday party? First of all, I think she's lying through her rotten teeth. Oh, boo-hoo. You big baby. Sittin' on that little pity pot of hers stinkin' up the whole damn place is what's she's doing. Mmm-hmm. Yeah. I can smell it from here. Does she need an organ or something? All she needs to do is ask that older guy and just get it over with. All she needs to do is just talk about how she's never had a birthday party. See? There ya have it. Wham-bam-boom. 

I do vibe with Nina though. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

Lollll! Rory being kind and polite isn't grinding Trina's gears. Spencer keeps her on her toes. There's drama, she doesn't know where she stands with him, plus there (was) competition in the form of Esme. A range of emotions! Rory might work for someone like Willow though. Either the show makes something wrong with Rory, or they kill him  — he was seen walking into a suspicious room yesterday — to clear the way for Trina and Spencer. 

Exactly. The cast is way too bloated. Too many characters with nothing going on, or too many characters with dangling plots that start up, go no where, then randomly pick back up. The show feels unfocused and disorganized. They need to trim the fat quickly.

As I've said before, I think this is one of the reasons why I found it hard to keep up with classic ATWT on YouTube. Aside from a lack of isolated storyline playlists, there were ALOT of characters during the Marland era. At least then the writing was better and there was a sense of community.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

UGH. This is DISGUSTING! Yes, it is unlikely Tyler Christopher will step back into the role due to his past, but that also should not be held against him. But Jeff Branson? No. He'd suit Lucky more. Jordi Vilasuso could work. But we have Adam Huss who has subbed TWICE and was well received in both instances.

• Members

I don't see how it would be hard to find a Nik recast either.   He's not the complex character he once was and doesn't GH have at least two temp Niks they could use? 

Anyhow, I don't think it's fair to throw Tyler's past in his face nor do I think TC's the answer either.  

I am with @Darn.  There are plenty of dark haired guys in their mid 40's that could play Nik well.

• Members

If he's healthy and able and it won't affect his IRL recovery I'd have TC back in a minute. If it's a concern then absolutely recast. Disney/ABC took Michael Nader back for some truly bad conduct at least once or twice, and Nader did return (under different management) many years later on AMC 2.0. There's always a way back if an actor recovers and redeems themselves. But I am open to a good recast. These temps don't cut it and neither do tired names like JV (who I like in certain roles) or Branson.

• Members

Sorry, I didn't word my post right.  I absolutely would prefer TC, but his struggles sound recent and it might be better down the road.  His addiction sounded really bad.  I don't think it should keep TC from ever coming back, but I think he may be better off with more sobriety under his belt.

I think the recent temp (Adam Huss) is decent and I thought Nick Stabile was fine as well. But I don't think MC is that great, so I guess I am less picky.  JB and JV aren't names I would even consider for Nik, but I am blanking a bit on a solid suggestion instead.