General Hospital: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This really has nothing to do with the current non-topic of Chase/Sasha, but I have been meaning to ask this.  What is that creepy giant taxidermy rat in Sonny's office?   Is it a Possum?  A racoon?  Why is it there?  I was so distracted looking at it yesterday when Valentin and Sonny were talking lol.

• Members

I'm going re-ask my question that may have gotten lost in the November discussion

What's the deal with Selina Wu?  Is she evil because she's trying to lure Cody and Gladys into loosing their money through poker?  Or is she cool because she helped Holly against Victor?  I don't know how we're supposed to feel about her?

• Members

In my view as someone who only reads recaps, she's just a seedy, untrustworthy person, who does "good" things if she thinks the ends justify the means. I don't watch, so I can't say if she comes off completely as the typical dragon lady trope, but has she been responsible for anyone's death yet? Surely, that's to come at some point.

Obviously, you can say this about plenty of characters, but it's abundantly true about Sasha/Gladys when I ask, why are they still on this show? Their presence is bewildering. 

Also, it's a shame Holly is already gone. She has such a weird placement in the canon of GH heroines. Maybe any major heroine in soap history. Robert with insufferable Diane is nope from me. It was a cruel that Hook didn't finish her off.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

It also seems like a retcon that Holly and Felicia are so close.

I think of Felicia and Lucy being close due to the friendship of Mac and Kevin (who seem to have lost touch since they dressed as nuns together). 

I think of Felicia and Anna as close friends since they were in each other's weddings (Frisco and Duke respectively) and grew close during the time when Robin was a child, and then while Mac raised Robin as a teen.

But, I don't think of Holly and Felicia as being memorably close. 

Edited by j swift

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

I never saw Holly as a "heroine".  She started off as a con artist, and she may have become a con artist with a heart of gold, but she was still a con artist.

I may be the only person who preferred these pairings:
Holly/Luke
Anna/Robert
Duke/death

And now I love Laura/Kevin.

Agree.

• Members

12-1

See? All that silly drama to find convoluted ways to keep BrookLynn and Chase apart and finally getting serious drama by her lie. That look BrookLynn has when Dante just told her that she was too late with the letter...watching the color drain from her face, her eyes widen, and the look...that she just lost EVERYTHING was well done.

On one hand...nope. But on the other hand, it would probably bring some fire back to Sasha and we all know BrookLynn is going to fight for him. 

• Members

Without knowing any spoilers, I am going to predict that Brooklyn will be threatened by The Hooker, Chase will think she's crying wolf, then when she is attacked and survives, Chase will apologize, and they'll get back together.

In soapland, it is perfectly understandable that Chase's girlfriend should unconditionally support him going back to a career which does not suit his demeanor (given the number of times that he's been suspended due to lack of impulse control) rather than having him examine why BrookLynn would need to go to such lengths in order to have her opinion be validated.

The constant portrayal of privileged confident women on soaps as spoiled bitches astounds me.  Every other commercial is for women to find a new job as a dental tech, join a class action suit for financial benefit, or ask their doctor for medication to reduce anxiety.  So, you'd think they would want to promote aspirational wealth rather than always favoring naturalistic values. 

I mean how are you going to get me to sue about mesothelioma if I risk my husband leaving me for some puritanical gal when I win compensation?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I haven't been able to watch or read recaps, I've been really busy.  Has the current Jeff interacted with Monica at all?  The characters were married once.  

It was a really big storyline, Monica married to Jeff but she was also involved with his brother Rick.  I remember watching that live.

I mean, if they're going to have dialog about Jeff's commitment issues, shouldn't Monica come up in the conversation somewhere?  In that case it was Monica's commitment issues but ... that could have affected Jeff's future interactions.

Edited by janea4old