General Hospital: November 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

And To Think That Girl was Sweet as Honey, I sometimes pine for a Celia Quatermaine Return, Because We need actual Qs And So She can Pop the Question: "What The Hell Happened To You Holly????" If they cared enough to unmade the character assassination of Holly They should write a storyline of Holly suffering From some kind of Trauma and having a different personality, Not necessarily DID but Like have a way of having her back to her old Lovabe Self

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's obvious what is happening, and fans should be on their ass about it every single day on that GH hashtag tbh. Remember #WhyRatingsAreLow in 2015 when Ron got canned for Denise, Fluke, etc? That hashtag got heat and IMO the relentless pillorying did contribute to the drumbeat. People need to start cataloguing every day they fail to let their central young interracial couple kiss or be intimate after close to 18 months. They should find a hashtag and hit it every day, and see how long GH handles it. Because I am not convinced they'll kiss this month, next month or New Year's, and even if they finally do I'm skeptical it'll happen again any time soon. They seem scared and hesitant as hell, and I think it's cowardly and pathetic in 2022 when this show was doing onscreen interracial couples over 30 years ago.

• Members

I doubt Disney-ABC will ever give us scenes like what CBS has given. I vaguely remember one CBS cast member joining an ABC soap and they got yelled at for straddling the actor. They were told something along the lines of "We don't do that here!" And with how conservative Disney-ABC has been for a while, I don't see us getting anything anytime soon. They're too busy controlling General Hospital as a whole right now.

• Members

I don't think Disney is super conservative at this point despite many valid criticisms of representation in their main line content. And I don't think Disney or ABC are exerting much oversight at all; they don't care much about GH at this point, it is a timefiller. But I do think Frank Valentini in particular, who is a producer bent on survival for his soaps above all, is very concerned about turning off the last of what he believes is a remaining core audience of white seniors in red states. GH was far bolder about interracial love onscreen 20 and 30 years ago than they are today. FV has a history of running from diversity when he thinks it affects the bottom line.

Y&R and B&B have the relative protection of international money.

• Members

When I Take The Time to try watching through YouTube they actually have an interesting dynamic/chemistry, I guess they have a brilliant future as a super couple if allowed, GH I'd Being Coward for Nothing Didn't The Hardys' Son Have a Wife who happened to be black and Gave him a Son Around 30 years ago?