General Hospital: November 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not here for Britt talking to Austin about her Huntington's Disease. Talking about to anyone else would be better.

Really liked the Laura/Spencer scenes though. Spencer needs his grandmother. A lot more than he needs his Uncle Cyrus

Please register in order to view this content

I'm looking forward to the Spencer and Trina scenes on Monday.

• Members

Oh how I miss the child of the corn.

While on one hand I am starting to wonder about Sprina as well...that feeling about being sway about it will depend on what happens when Spencer gets out of jail. Why? Because I will now expect that when Spencer gets out of jail, SOMETHING ELSE will happen to keep them apart. That appears to be their cycle as things have gone on. They were about to kiss...Esme appears. Spencer gets free from Esme...only for Esme's revenge on Trina keeping her away from him. Trina gets cleared...Spencer gets arrested AND Rory gets together with Trina. And that just goes on and on. On one hand, I could say in soap terms, it has been surprisingly well done WHEN FOCUSED ON. It harks back to the old soap days actually. HOWEVER, given the fact they have only kissed in fantasy and not for real or had any kind of relief of tension for the fans...yeah, I can see why one would side-eye. 

Now as for Chicken Little and the like, it's not so much crazy. It's the fact that on what soaps remain...let's call a spade a spade...there's been errs and flows and very little to like at times. And while it really should be different, that does not take away from people finding moments or even people who they like. We see characters in and out every day when we are growing up. We were just talking about in the B&B thread last month about family members who don't watch anymore who will still ask about said characters or actors/actresses after a long time of not viewing. Still mildly interested...but no longer watching. So if people see a spark...no matter how long that spark will be there...why not just enjoy? Even if the rug is going to be pulled out from under them. While we can assume the worst, nothing wrong with hoping for the best. Speaking of myself, I openly said when GV was leaving DAYS right as he and Nicole were finally getting together irking Brady to the dark side, that I planned to enjoy that whole week they were together. And look at them now a DECADE later (I don't have Peacock but kinda keep up) still circling each other. See? Hope. And to bring another example for myself...this Liz storyline. I loved that Liz and Cameron spoke up for Liz and how she does not need anyone. She doesn't. She shouldn't. However it is to be expected that at some point, she won't be the center of her own story. History has shown us that the regime like putting her with these pets. It sadly can be expected. BUT that doesn't take away from me enjoying seeing her or the actress that plays her. Should it be better? For a legacy character DUH. Naysay all one wants to, but I'll take what good moments I can rather than look for the falling sky.

• Members

Yeah, no. It's racist, and it's happening because they don't want to show Nicholas Chavez and either Trina intimate. There hasn't been a single onscreen kiss and as far as I can tell, there won't be until they have absolutely no other choice.

If they decided to turn the show into the Spencer/Trina Lovefest 2023 I'd happily eat crow. I'm not seeing it. I think they will do the bare minimum and try to wait the fans out. That doesn't make anyone "Chicken Little" to state the obvious about this piece of shít soap.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Don't get me started on that drag between Chase and Brook Lynn. There were times I wasn't even sure if they were officially together or not. Or I thought they were, but they weren't. Or they finally talked about their feelings, but DIDN'T pursue. 

I mean...they finally just made love a few weeks ago. And they started around the time (okay even longer with the temprecast) when NC started as Spencer. 

Honestly...I'm not sure.