General Hospital: November 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly. ME and his eight million characters should have been dispatched from the show years ago, not foisted into a slimy story with Liz. Turning Liz into a supporting player in (supposedly) her own story is an affront, and destroying the character of Steve Hardy's only biologal son is an egregious slap in the face to the history of the series.

Just vomit.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I was thinking, one other weird thing about Jeff sending Liz to live with Audrey, is that not only was Audrey his step-mother, but he also only knew her for 2-3 years of his adult life.  Liz had an adult brother, Stephan Lars, an aunt Terri, and Carolyn must have family, so it seems like an odd choice to send your daughter to live with a woman that you barely knew.

Obviously, the choice was made by writers to facilitate a story, but I never thought about how illogical it was until now.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Jeff Hasnt been seen in 4 decades and he was always wishy washy especially with his women and the week he left in 81 he didnt beliebe Diana about PJ but after she died and got a DNA test, he left town with his son. Seemed rush

So 40 years later, Jeff is a blank slate and a cheater who IMHO was more into being a doctor than being a dad and sadly seems his Wife Carolyn felt/ feels the same. Hopefully they still pop up cause I want to see more fallout from this.

With Rick  we saw him on screen when this theresa crap supposedly happened and there is no way Rick would have pulled all that

Could have been worse. Guza/Pratt wanted it revealed he sexually abused Laura in the attic. The actors held ground and said no so they did the cheating route

Also Guza/Pratt were Scriptwriters on GH in early to mid 80's. They wrote for Rick. They new better and didnt care.

Edited by John

• Members

GH has really adorable child actors I have to say.  The little girl that plays Donna is so cute!   This isn't really on the topics being discussed and is not really relevant, but I do think GH does the best casting with kids out of any soap.

Carolyn seems like she might be evil.  I thought her name was Caroline though before this?  Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember that because it's obviously my name.  But.....my entire life people have called me Carolyn so it might not even be an actual mistake.

• Members

Wiley is okay and adorable, but everything Willow/Michael touch is boring so I don't fault the little guy.  I was laughing when the little girl that plays Scout was dancing with her butterfly wings in the background of the Alexis/Ryan Lavery scenes.

Firestarter Cam might be my favorite child soap actor ever.  Gh has always done well with the kiddo casting.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I really do hope Carolyn is evil (I still think they should've used Denise Crosby as Sela more on TNG), and I hope she can put the fear of God into Heather too. They should have history, as IIRC Heather was originally written out to go visit Steven-Lars and Liz mentioned in 2004 that Heather used to bother them when she was little.

I do think I saw it written as Carolyn in either the GH Wiki or the who's who profiles on Soapcentral long before this.

Tbh though, to me Caroline and Carolyn can be a bit interchangeable to the ear (and likely to the people calling you Carolyn as well) but of course to you since it is your name you'd always hear the difference immediately. So in that case, I'll leave it you to decide whether Lesley is saying Caroline or Carolyn in this 1982 clip (just after the five minute mark)