General Hospital: November 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly, I feel that's also part of Why The Hospital is more of a Set than an Working Organization and A relevant point in storylines, a show that once dared to give HIV to a beloved Character We Saw Grow Up now won't go on actually basic and common things nowadays, Actually didn't GH have some good/cute homosexual pairings a few years back?

• Members

I agree. Some times it's all of that. Like look at Victor who doesn't seem to be long for this world given that all of the storylines that started when he appeared...that consequently got dropped along the way...have all been picked back up right before November Sweeps started. I am surprised they ARE getting momentum because they had it when Victor started and it got sooooo derailed. I had totally forgotten about Peter's box and Victor wanting to get it. I HAD NOT forgotten about Holly hehe. And sometimes the writers even seem to forget it should be him vs Victor and the thread of Luke's 'death.'

I expect him to be gone by the end of the year at this rate. Probably before X-mas for a miracle. Moreso because Cyrus has been appearing again and Heaven forbid Laura gets TWO adversaries to deal with. 

• Members

It’s funny though: a lot of the Facebook ladies seem to support Sprina, at least if the last post featuring them is any indication. Lots of posts (with lots of likes) about how cute Spencer’s reaction was when Trina visited him in prison. I don’t see nearly the same negativity that I saw around Teriah on the Y&R page (perhaps because homophobia is a bit more socially acceptable than objecting to race mixing).

But usually when people object to something racial, they use very coded language and dog whistles, and I’m not seeing a TON of that in the circles where that usually happens. Maybe I’m not looking in the right places. And perhaps FV is projecting or looking at market research we don’t know about.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Hmmm but is that because the idea of two women (one played by someone who once played a legacy character) has grown to be acceptable versus two men which still is not across daytime?

Don't get me started on Cyrus. I LOVE the actor, but the character. He had his showdown which was great and roped in so many characters people cared about. I didn't want him back. 

It seems like from where I am viewing they are slowly revealing what Victor's doing. I just don't understand what he would want with that necklace in Britt and probably about to be Cody's possession even with its connection to the Ice Princess. I mean...he's not planning to freeze the world, is he? 

• Members

Damn... they're really gonna make Britt die of Huntington's?

I'm sick of the FBI agent already. And I could go on about Austin and Cody, but it's already been said before... by many 

Please register in order to view this content

Well, some of them did seem riled up about Nik and Esme, for the same reason some of us were riled up about it: the Ick factor 

Agreed. They do cater, but the lack of knowing how to write a soap is obvious. They're treating Sprina the same way that they treated Chalynn. And it seems like they're now doing the same with Carly and Drew

• Members

Are they going to go back to a Nik/Liz pairing?  I don't read GH spoilers ever, but they seem to be sharing a lot more scenes and it makes me slightly nervous lol.

GH has a horrible problem with pacing and developing romances and stories.  I think the cast is just too large and things get forgotten.  Obviously, the Sprina lack of action appears to be a different issue, but overall GH takes forever to make anything happen and then half the time GH takes all the drama out of the climax.

• Members

They make you not care. They think they are doing classic soap but they don’t have the chops. Or the interference is somebody awful. They take every exit on the highway to extend a story and at a certain point they forget where they’re  going and decide it’s not worth it to continue on. And pretty much every story has been a good example of that. Granted, they’re not alone in that. So many primetime series have suffered from the same affliction. GH sometimes has the problem of not playing the proper beats, even though they have all the time to do so. But the show has so much going on with that massive cast that stories drag while at the same time feeling slight and even somehow rushed.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

The thing that I used to like about GH was that it was exciting.  Guza was awful, but he had events.  Things happened.  Sonny/Carly/Jason/Nina, for example, was all about the drama and the show just didn't play the beats.  It fizzled out.  I don't watch Y&R very often, but that always felt like a slightly more drawn out, classic soap in tone and pacing.  GH shouldn't be like that.   Even Labine/Riche more grounded 90's stories had classic GH adventure angles to them.  I am someone who hated Guza, but sort of misses him now.  He had a lot of faults, but at least you knew you were getting a sweeps event.  Yesterday we got Sonny showing Sasha the hotel kitchen.  Is that kitchen upgrade that great?  He's shown more than one person this!!   The Holly reveal was okay, but not exactly shocking either.

GH also focuses on their blandest characters/actors to lead stories.  They have a wealth of talent, but we have to watch Joss, Dex, Michael, Willow, Esme day in and day out.  I just wish they'd cut half the cast and bring some focus to stories because nothing happens, but nothing is ever fully fleshed out either.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Thankfully no spoilers on that. If it helps.

Please register in order to view this content

That said, they have been sharing more scenes together since the Hook storyline started. Not sure where or even if it is going anywhere. I feel like it's just happenstance. For now. But I've noticed as well.