General Hospital: November 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Edward's Will stated all his LIVING GRANDCHILDREN were heirs, AJ wasn't mentioned as he was believed dead at the time Edward's Will was Made, however the living grandchildren clause allowed him to inherit Stock as well, since Drew is Jason's Twin and Edward's Grandchild he could claim the same as his other granchildren

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah On One Side i felt like it would be nice for her to have an interesting storyline but i was relieved when that was scrapped, Poor Felicia had suffered enough on Ryan's account as it is.

Me Too! Seeing The Vets Doing something is always interesting, not sure How To feel about Anna and Valentin though, Agreed on The Q. Mansion, Miss Celia Would Be Appalled, Alley is a deloight to watch as usual, Kudos for GH knowing how to use after B&B wasted her for sooo long

• Members

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but how does one receive an inheritance after probate?  Edward had been dead for years before Drew appeared, after the property from a will has been dispersed you can't go back and redistribute it.

It's like if they found the love child of JFK and Marilyn Monroe and then tried to tell Carolyn Kennedy to give up some of her cash that she inherited six decades ago.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Well, I don't know how it would work on GH with people coming back from the dead.  I don't think logic can apply in this scenario since it really isn't something that would happen very often or ever in real life lol.  Again I only know what the people that handle my 401k tell me about stocks, but is it possible the public trading of the shares just gets smaller instead?

Since Edward said all LIVING grandkids it is a bit different than Caroline Kennedy having to give up money because JFK specifically named her in his will not any living children that might pop up.  So if baby Monroe Kennedy appeared Caroline wouldn't have to give up anything. 

• Members

BTW, I am really enjoying Alexis's turn as a journalist. It's fun to see her be the voice of logic, I like that they aren't ignoring that she went to jail, and I appreciate when they give women of a certain age a story that doesn't always focus on romance.  I also enjoy that it allows Alexis to be high and mighty even when there are no court cases to fight.

Now, why Drew and Valentine get an inheritance and Alexis doesn't is whole other issue, but I promise to let it go soon.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I thought the Alexis journalist thing would be nonsensical but it oddly really works, unlike a lot of the show. It makes sense Alexis would've been long-disbarred by now too, so it helps showing actual consequences for her choices.

• Members

I was thinking about that recently when Kin Shriner posted on twitter something cryptic about his time on GH, because that scene just screamed - "I've cleaned out my dressing room and I'm never coming back!"  only to be followed by a phone call a few years later - "Oh, you want me back on recurring for a quarter of my previous salary, after I haven't been working for the past nine months?  I'll be right over"

On a completely separate note; what's the deal with Selina Wu?  Is she evil because she's trying to lure Cody and Gladys into loosing their money through poker?  Or is she cool because she helped Holly against Victor?  I don't know how we're supposed to feel about her?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I might be remembering this wrong so forgive me if that's the case...I thought the plan was for Michael to fold Aurora Media into ELQ. Jake is the head of it still so he would still be the head and in that case, but that with Carly's money would allow them to have a 1 percent controlling interest over Valentin. And I want to say Michael planned on him and Drew to be co-CEO, thus outranking Ned so they had to give him a COO position with no power whatsoever...which Ned has under Valentin. And Ned got the sour grapes over it. 

In terms of the will...I think it's a matter of the wording of the will and the fact that the only person who could change it to make it legal and more specific is now deceased. The wiggle room in the wording is why we keep getting stories about lost Quartermanies who due to the wording in the will can actually claim an inheritance and also why every time a character has a Q baby, the stock shares adjust to include that new baby. It's also why Austin looking for a change in the will was such a storyline. The fact that Edward made changes that specifically in the wording INCLUDES a new person. In this case, Jimmy Lee Holt's branch of the family which in the old will I assume was specifically mentioned to not get anything. 

At least that's what I've always thought.

You said it soooo much better than I did. I could not remember the wording, but felt it was in the wording. Thank you.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thank You! It was easy I saw the Reading of Edward's Will Just a few days ago it was fresh on my mind I was on a Skye Bing Watching, God I Miss When we had a bunch o Qs Fighting at the Mansion, my fave set together with Old Windermere, I Wish They could've bring more real Qs Instead of made up ones, Celia with Maybe A Kid, Skye and Lila Rae I don't know