DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol!  I think that was always the joke.  He always said how religious he was.....but whatever.  Sometimes that's not truly indicative of morals.  

Yeah, I heard him say they bonded over boxing.  It seems like RC's a pretty sarcastic, wry guy and maybe Ali/Austin didn't like or get his humor.   I just remember hearing gossip that AP in particular was pretty intense with others about his religion-no idea if it's true.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

It was a a strange week. It didn't automagically jump into the crapper. Monday & Tuesday were pretty alright. Then, with no alarms sounding, Wednesday went directly to hell, did not pass go, did not collect as much as a dollar. Things never seemed to recover from that. If anything they may have gotten worse. And, I was serious about not having a boring soap opera on a Friday. There are 4 perfectly good other days. Pick on one of them. Give Friday a break. And, if you were entertained by the local color here in SON turf, I am glad someone was. I was not. I watched 13 MINUTES. I watched an episode of SANDMAN. I watched THE OTHER GUYS. I watched 2 Anne Heche episodes of CHICAGO PD S06-or-S07. That was my entertainment. I am excited that one of the companions is in SANDMAN. Oh, and I got more purple pens than even a goddess should have as a happy & it was one. May this week be a good one & may Sloan the blackmailer get a rock in her shoe. And may Chanel please not take on Alex by herself. And, there just cannot be any question of Kayla saying, "Ma."

• Members
Today's script by Richard Culliton. Directed by Angela Tessinari.

Peacock, Mon. 10-10-22. Cast today: Paulina, Sloan, Chanel, Allie, Alex, Chad, Stephanie, EJ, Johnny, Ava.

Beginning with Paulina & Sloan with Sloan making noises about Paulina's daughter. Paulina thinks she's talking about Lani & her shooting that horrid man & Sloan interrupts her because she's talking about your other daughter. She offers Paulina a file folder to read.

At Allie's & Chanel's, Alex is there & the three of them are having wine & talking. Sonny is out of the hospital. Allie says that if he is still up for it they have decided they want to take him up on his offer. He wants to know what offer? They are being shy. He thinks they meant taking a drive to some water park or something like that. He's excited, sure. No, that's not the offer.

Chad & Stephanie are kissing, a lot, over & over. Drinking, too.

EJ approaches Ava & Johnny in the living room. He has a folio of some sort in his hand. He says he has proof that this is not Jake's signature, that he has had experts go over the document (their marriage license) and Ava's signature is legit but Jake's is a forgery. Johnny reacts immediately by accusing his father of being ugly to Ava right after he asked her to move back in. EJ says actually he has more than just a signature., that the experts have assured him that all of the documentation for the fake wedding was done after Jake was dead. Johnny asked Ava, well, were you married to Jake or not? Ava owned up to it & said that no, she was not.

Chad & Stephanie have moved to Steve & Kayla's place. Kay is in the hospital & Steve is staying with her.

Alex is getting squirrely now & really wants to know what offer they are talking about. Apparently it is not driving to the Dells. Chanel says to Allie that if she can't say the word then maybe she doesn't really want to do it. Only she does say the word: threesome. Alex perks right up. Oh, that offer!

Ava says Jake & I were not married. That was not his signature. EJ starts getting on her again & says, so it was all a lie? She says, oh, no, I loved Jake & Jake loved me & he wanted me to marry him. He said we didn't have to be in a hurry. But, he wanted to make the commitment. So, when I said YES to his proposal he ran immediately to the jewelers & got this honking big engagement ring for me & the jeweler threw in a matched set of wedding bands to sweeten the deal.

Then, I was in the hospital & I was in the room with Jake's body. Kayla had just then told me that they did everything they could but they couldn’t bring Jake back. I was in shock & trying to say some kind of goodbye to Jake when Gabi came in. It was her idea that I would be penniless & Jake wouldn't have wanted that. The idea of  marrying Jake for his shares was hers. She said that your father would take the shares all for himself. He had the wedding bands right there in his pocket so I took them out & slipped one on his finger & slipped one on my finger & Gabi did all the rest. I just followed orders. Gabi handled everything with the people from the lawyer on.

Alex was taken aback. He said that originally they had been like hell would freeze over before they did anything of the sort & now here they were wanting to take him off up on that offer. Why? What happened? They got shy again but they tried to explain that it really had nothing to do with the third person at all. It was just an adventure the two of them could have on their own. Well, Alex was underwhelmed at the sound of that - nothing really for the third person. They laughed & teased him till he said really he got it. He predicted that they were going to be amazed & were going to want to do it again, maybe with someone else, not him again. He said he'd done it lots of times & then got honest & said twice.

Chad & Stephanie are drunk. Chad can't say succinct but he keeps trying to & he can't calculate the train so he doesn't know how long till the train or ferry gets back. He says he must be redundant. They toast! Cheers! Skaol! Then they go back to kissing again. They start to fumble with each other's clothes. All of a sudden, Chad pulls back & says he is sorry but he can't do this. He thought he could but he can't. Stephanie is as understanding as she can be & be toasted!

EJ says, so Gabi was the criminal mastermind, huh? He now has the phone in his hand & is planning to call the cops & have Ava arrested & then send them after Gabi. Johnny pitches a fit & tells his dad he really doesn't have to go that far with things. EJ agrees IF and ONLY IF she will leave Salem immediately, never to return. (to be continued)

Paulina asks Sloan what it is she wants. She says it's not what she wants, it is the client she represents. Sloan says they would put their heads together & create a financial arrangement. Paulina says, AHA! Blackmail!

Earlier Alex had seen "the Ice princess" (his name for Stephanie) practically sitting in Chad' s lap so he figures they are in for the night.

Stephanie says he doesn't have to keep saying he's sorry that she is worried sick about her mother & he is just no distance from  his wife. Turned out to be a bad idea. They decide they are good with each other. She is still hiring him. He will see her at work tomorrow. They part.

At home Chad stumbles into the living room & immediately sees Abby's picture on the mantel. He picks it up & looks at it & I thought he was going to talk to it but he did not.

Ava tells Johnny she is sorry she lied to him. She also tells him she is sorry that they're not going to find out where they could've gone. She says it is time for her to pay the piper. She gathers her things & leaves. I guess we won't see Ava again.

Sloan tells her she has copies of that material so she can leave it with her & she can think it over & call her the next day. (Sloan suddenly got kinda nice.) But, she does say that this will involve a loss of freedom for Chanel if it comes out.

Allie & Chanel & Alex begin kissing & Allie leads them all to the bedroom. They kiss & take off clothes & there's a pounding beat to the music underscoring this scene. And, they actually do have a threesome. Alex leaves to get drinks right after & the girls ask each other if they are okay & they say they are & that they love each other.

Adding in Edit mode: I asked who directed the threesome: Angela Tessinari.

Edited by Tonksadora
Today's script by Richard Culliton. Directed by Angela Tessinari.

• Members

So, right off the bat, I find myself wondering, has anyone ever dramatized a threesome on a US soap before today? I guess they knew they wanted to do this from the moment they decided to put the two girls together as bi & fluid. It seems like it was THE POINT. Anyone? Bueller? Why do I feel like this should go into the Guiness Book of World Records?!! I really am wondering if Carlivati was aiming for as offensive as possible? Am I wrong?

Edited by Tonksadora
offensive

• Members

Well...

What to say about today's episode. Can't wait to discuss it with y'all! 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm very proud of Chad  Having him stop what was happening between him and Stephanie was the right thing to do. It is too soon to him to be moving on. I ship Chad and Stephanie, but I hope that they're taken slow. Rushing it would ruin it (and be soooooo disrespectful to Chabby fans) Let them build a relationship, let them get to know each other, give Stephanie time to get to know the kids, etc. All that stuff that needs to be done in a storyline like this, and I think fans will get behind them and like them as a couple. 

As for Allie/Chanel/Alex, I admit I'm shocked. I really thought someone was going to chicken out in the end. Maybe this was the thing that forced the move to Peacock 

As for the threesome, I have mixed feelings about it. I did think it was hot, but I just wish it had been with another character. Alex has come off as so unlikable and just plain annoying that I don't really root for anything that he does. And I do kind of understand what people are saying about how it can perpetuate a narrative that a bisexual woman and a sexually fluid woman can't have a successful, monogamous relationship without bringing a man into it, and how that narrative can be harmful. Maybe I was right all along, and Uncle Ron really is biphobic 

Storyline wise, I hope every beat is played and that the effects of this are played out for months. This could have a ripple effect on so many characters and couples, and I want to see that. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Yes, I definitely think Chad & Stephanie grasped victory out of the jaws of defeat! I thought sure they were going down for the count & then just in time he said, "I can't do this." And she was totally understanding! Billy Flynn & new girl get kudos today.

I am just all over the place about the threesome. But we are in it now & like you I want to see this play out. I wonder if it was a closed set. And I hope in real life that RSW is a nice guy.

• Members

Thanks @AbcNbc247 for your insight. I'm glad you bought up the Chad/Stephanie pairing. Yeah, it's just way too soon for all that. But, given how these storylines are kind of plot-driven instead of character-driven, I don't expect much, lol! An example would have to be Eric and Jada. Or, Ava and Jake. Or, Li and Gabi. Hey! I provided three examples! 

Please register in order to view this content

No, but looking back at how storylines or love storylines developed on soaps back in the day, they were told at a really good pace. This stuff now feels like boiling water to a spoonful of Taster's Choice decaf coffee. And it taste really gross.

Edited by Noel

• Members

You're welcome

I really think that the fast pace is one of the things that's hurting Days right now. Days always used to be like the middle ground, between B&B which flies through storylines, and GH which drags stuff out forever. If they slowed Days down to that reasonable pace again, I think some things would improve. 

• Members

Wow!  I can't believe they went through with the threesome.  Agreed Alex was not the best choice.  It would have been much more soapy for it to be someone like Tripp.

@AbcNbc247basically hit all the points and opinions I had today, but I will say I really liked Stephanie's dress.  Stephanie dresses really well and it's a nice change of pace on a show riddled with fashion disasters.