DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have already said I thought the whole Chanel/Allie threesome idea was cringe and stupid, but I don't think it's that weird to ask your sibling about it.  I wouldn't think it was weird if my sisters ask me about it.   Although if my brother asked me it might be weirder, but we are 10 years apart in age and not that close.  Will/Allie seem very close.

• Members

Interesting. I mean, it's not like I'm clutching on to my proverbial pearl necklace or anything. I'm the youngest in my family and the black sheep. I think I just talk to my older siblings to gain more insight as they have more life experiences than I do. Then again, there are things that they learn from me too as I have a mouth. As far as Will and Allie, I guess I just didn't really think that they were that close? I dunno. Chanel just made her decision that she wanted to be with Allie (who kind of reminds me of actress Emma Kenney), and two weeks later, Allie thinks that a threesome will spruce up or ignite her relationship with Chanel? I mean, when Allie was dressed up like a slob for their hangout with Alex, I knew who played the role in that relationship, you know what I'm sayin'? And Chanel just selfishly lies there on the bed and doesn't even reciprocate. 

Please register in order to view this content

Bitch, to the left.

Edited by Noel

• Members

We were told Allie/Will were close, but we obviously haven't seen much of it since Allie grew up offscreen.  Idk, I don't think it's that odd for Will to be her scene partner in this, but I can see how some people would.  It's not like Allie really has any friends to talk to.  I can't really think of anyone else she could ask that would be less weird than Will.

I think you would also have to consider how often we have seen Allie/Chanel since July 29th.  To me, it does feel like they just got together as well.  We haven't seen much of a honeymoon phase and now we are moving into the relationship trouble stage.

• Members

Sure, they've not been offered up to us much, one day a week *some* but not all weeks! Pretty stingy. But, unfortunately as soap fans we have to live with the idea that they are together even though we're not seeing them do things, just like the unseen children are being taken care of, soaps today are so out of balance that "in abstentia activities" has better guarantees than the actors do, I think!! Heck, we've got three veterans on death's door & we've seen them sick, what, two days?! What We Don't See could be a great thesis for Soaps 101 in 2022.

• Members

Okay, now we are just splitting hairs over 2 weeks vs. 2 months-neither of which is a long time in real life or a soap.  Chanel/Allie really have never had any period of stability or enjoyment for their fans.  There has been immediate conflict from Johnny, Alex, threesomes etc.  There has been 0 payoff for Chanel/Allie fans and now we are moving into ridiculous territory with this 'story' if you can even call it that because we know they won't have a threesome.

• Members

Well, something does happen this week, according to the preview.

But yeah, you're 100% correct that there's been no payoff or no honeymoon period for Chanel and Allie. And for Xander/Sarah and Chad as well. They really have to slow down the storylines. Idk if it's because of episode guarantees or something, but that shouldn't be tied to the length of a storyline. 

• Members

Hold on. I'm not splitting any hair & I think you're describing the poor way they're telling stories today. Somewhere something has gone missing in this discussion. I'm agreeing that we've not seen enough. Already agreed. Still do agree. As a Challie fan I'm p*ssed that we haven't had more & now they're being written out of character for a stunt in theory.

Edited by Tonksadora
Did this post?

• Members

Chanel and Allie are dull as dirt. Chanel and Johnny were the better couple but the pairing was rushed. .... With Li sister appearing this week it looks like he'll be involved in the quad with Tripp and Joey who also return this week.

Edited by Soapsuds