B&B May 2022 Official Discussion Thread

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Soaps have gotten so quick and cheap. When Sheila switched those kids back in 91, we saw her sneak the baby into the hospital, change their gowns, forge their hand tags, switch their footprints etc while the babies cried. All we got today was Li in little explaining how she faked Finn's death over his unconscious body. 

• Members

I don't think that's a bad idea, and something I wish soaps would do more. Stop trying to surprise or shock the viewers with unexpected twists. There are so many spoilers around, and everything has already been done before so the audience will figure it out anyway. I know that I can get just as much pleasure from watching the characters reacting to events and trying to solve mysteries without it having to be a mystery for me.

• Members

To me this is always the better option. That way we wait with bated breath until something is revealed. If you look at it some of the most successful soap stories have been centered around the audience knowing something the characters don't. Phillip's parentage on GL, Mike's paternity on Days, Nick and Phyllis' affair on Y&R, Bianca's baby switch on AMC...

Of course soaps have abused this by constantly teasing that this big secret is about to be revealed every other scene. It's better when we know but they let it lie unaddressed for some time.

• Members

Ya Eric/Donna is gross FF material I’m over them.

Same with mopey Steffy’s repetitive dialogue about how she can’t move on without Finn. Adding to the repetition is Li again talking to Finn about how soon he will get better and come back to her. Yawn.

• Members

5-23

Yes, even knowing what was coming...I still gasped.

Finn had too much potential to be killed off the way that he was. And having alive again makes it just that much more messy. 

And his reintroduction with music, great camera angles, and all was pretty good. To the person here who mentioned Li was a doctor...take those flowers.

Please register in order to view this content

And I take it that Bridget will be roped into this. So cool.

So look at B&B. You have this. There's that story of Donna/Eric/Quinn/Carter building. Ridge stuck between Brooke and Taylor AGAIN...wow. Who knew so much would be going on.

• Members

I liked Carter/Quinn's scenes today thought I did hear a whole lot of "This is about me..." from Quinn today. She was trying to make it seem like just about everything Carter was doing regarding Paris was about him trying to deal with his feelings for Quinn. And while some of it was, he does have other reasons for wanting to rekindle things with Paris including wanting to be married and have a family. Carter did get a bit emotional at the end crying as he was talking to Quinn.

Carter has mentioned multiple times he wants a family. I do wonder if Paris might get pregnant with his child at some point, maybe around the time him and Quinn decide to try and really make it work as a couple. That could add more drama/conflict to that story. Other people have speculated that maybe Quinn actually ends up pregnant with his child at some point, though I don't know if the show would write that to happen. 

Edited by xtr