Y&R May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love that they are celebrating this, even if it is a behind the scenes event, as opposed to an onscreen special episode (which it absolutely should be -- but JG is obsessed with 24/7 Victoria TV, so it won't).

Ashley and Traci's stories, which I watched growing up, always carried a level of emotional investment that some other SLs just didn't have. When awful things happened to these characters, I too would feel sucker-punched. These two characters touched my heart, for different reasons, and that is entirely credit to the actresses embodying them: Eileen Davidson and Beth Maitland (shout-out to Brenda Epperson too, I guess).

• Members

Jack is so dumb to go back to Phyllis again. Like so so dumb.

Why do they have so much crowd noise for Society when literally today the only people that were eating there were Michael/Diane/Phyllis/Jack.

Would it really kill the show to have extras again?

• Members

Yeah I think Noah Is sexy and I like Allie, but the jury is definitely out on this one. Now would be a good time to bring back Fen. 

Michael telling off Phyllis was classic. As was Diane’s shady comments to Jack. 

I like new Summer so far, definitely not a “bummer” yet although her business proposal was just as ridiculous as the crowd noise at Society

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Amanda makes zero sense as Phyllis’s friend. Phyllis treats her like [!@#$%^&*].

I’m trying to think of other men on the canvas for Summer, if they ever need to go there to cause problems for Skyle. (I could see Diane manipulating things in their relationships.) Obviously the Newman men are off limits. Devon and Nate are unlikely. Billy again? Chance?

The old clips of Esther are nice, but it’s a rather muted tribute so far.

• Members

Ashland’s story seem completely hastily rewritten and rewritten over and over again. I figure they may planned on just writing Richard Burgi’s Ashland out completely and went as planned but didn’t realize that Newman in the role would be gold so now they’re really looking to keep him around.

It’s a big kudos to both Newman and Walters for finally awakening a cast that’s been sleepwalking for years now. Not to mention Newman and Walters have been doing a great job of playing Ashland & Diane as haunted even if the writing is very fuzzy. 

I did laugh out loud about Summer being upset over her family not telling about Ashland, especially since I’m not even sure if Abby knows or not as she was still being chummy with him last check.

It’s hard with Esther as she was never a major character to begin with yet her very essence was an old school soap staple of at least having some type regular maid combined into a regular talk to character on canvas. But the old clips of Esther were great and well picked but also sad she had to share them with her sociopathic daughter.

Speaking of EH, that flashback was a sad reminder of what a firecracker Chloe was her first year. Trying to make Chloe some sympathetic heroine during the Chance, Roman, and original Kevin years really destroyed the character. 

Speaking of teases did anyone see the rumor that 

Not sure if what I read was actual spoiler or some made up speculation but it’s trashy either way. 

• Members

I can’t with that potential spoiler.

Y&R is just a mess. They just make sh!t up as they go along.

I also miss early Chloe. She was such a social-climbing little bitch, and she actually had a nice spark with Bryton/Devon. But of course that had to sand down those rough edges.