Y&R May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Ya know, I haven’t check actual writing credits in a long time but I definitely can sense that now! I remember Beall’s scripts during the MAB era stuck out like a sore thumb even in a sea of mediocrity. If I recall right wasn’t she fired from AMCOf course MAB hired her.  Beall probably should be writing a teen sitcom instead.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I so meant to respond earlier to answer your question but I seem to recall it happening back in 2009ish at some point. It was a way to explain how Esther lost all the money she had inherited from Katherine/Marge’s death and have to work at the mansion as the maid again but worked at the GCAC first. 

• Members

You’re welcome!! Lol I’m hazy on the details when I saw the clip but do vaguely recall it occurring around the same time Jill was forced to work as a manicurist again. There’s so much from MAB era I have blocked out until I am forced to see it again lol.

• Members

LOL!

At least Stafford’s spray tanning techniques have gotten a lot better recently after the messiness in 2020-21 with visibly stained hands and splotches around her neck and occasionally on her arms. Maybe she was spray tanning herself due to Covid restrictions, but it was embarrassing to watch the show film her like that without any effort to at least find some type coverup.

• Members

The lighting with high definition is quite unforgiving with some of the more 'mature' performers.

I'm sure if Anthony Morina really gave a damn, he'd try and address this and many other production issues.

But this is a leader who, in the time he's been EP, I don't think has made any statements or given interviews about the show.

Although , with what went down on set, maybe he's been forbidden to speak.

• Members

Agreed. It was also great to see her settling in at a room at the GCAC and good to at least see a room set from there again. 

One thing I do like is how Diane’s motivations seem to be truly focused on Kyle and Harrison, in spite of Nikki and Phyllis allegations. Whether or not Diane does have a couple other ulterior motives remains pretty murky/shrouded and not yet clear. 

Lol that was awkward and random as heck but I did wonder if they were testing something out. 

PS Chelsea is very very unworthy of the Barbara Ryan comparison, even when Babs was at her worst

Please register in order to view this content