Y&R May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was said when Michael Morgan returned to Y&R she didn’t want to play Hilary again or do a back from the dead story, but MM apparently has  been regretful about her decision  ever since. So in response they saddled Amanda with all of Hilary’s old friends and foes for no reason lol.

LMAO it’s so funny because Hilary was supposed to have been revealed as a secret daughter of Gus Rogan and Dru, but the show chickened out and we have the preposterously silly results we have today.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Thinking back Kate Linder/Esther dodged a bullet in that supporting cast purge of 2004, I think, when Miguel, Mary, Lynne etc were shown the door.

Otherwise Esther would be long gone, I wonder why she wasn't dropped at that time?

The chat/flashbacks were nice but would mean more if we had have seen Esther on a more regular basis the past few years.

Will she just disappear again till Xmas?

• Members

Still think her date should have been Tiny ,Chloe's fatther, who doesn't recognize her.

Cue angst for Esther and a story for Chloe about reconnecting with her dad. Doesn't have to be front burner, just a break from the Diane and Ashland stories.

Y&R needs more stories (along with more sets and extras)

• Members

Perhaps Dwight ends up being "Tiny"s real first name.  That would be a hoot. Plus, McMurray is great in both drama and comedy.. 

Casting has been getting things so right recently. Newman, Walters, and I actually think Allison Lanier  has added a few layers to Summer. (Which Summer desperately needed).    Kelsey Wang is fitting in well with the Abbotts.  Her scenes with ED today were good. I could even stand the Staph with ED.  As for adding Marchetti to Jabot-----

Please register in order to view this content

Now, if  only someone in hair would stop sticking AH's finger in a socket before her scenes...

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Y&R needs to stop these ridiculous business stories NOW.

When Summer was taking the Marchetti job, we kept hearing about how they were the hottest fashion house in Europe (of course)

So why would a US cosmetics firm be able to merge with them and why would Marchetti be interested?

If this is about getting Summer back to GC why not have her admit that the job is harder/less satisfying than she hoped and that she wants to come back home?

Would make more sense.

But Y&R insists on everyone being fabulously successful in their careers.

Tessa is apparently super successful as a singer(although there is no evidence of that) Newman Media is one of the big players, Fenmore's faces none of the challenges other retailers are facing etc etc

• Members

Interesting enough you mentioned that because Susan Walters as Diane was purged during that time as well. At least Lynne and Diane got actual exits. As for Esther they probably kept her around because of Kate Linder being with SAG and at the time Esther was needed as Katherine was dealing with the mystery of Arthur and his stepson that led to nowhere while “daughter” Jill got engaged to a very shady Chancellor executive played by Michael Nouri. That was the story which made Chancellor Industries a player again in business stories.

LMAO.

I really hadn’t seen any opinion of new Summer except someone thought she should have been new Abby instead lol. But she definitely has brought Summer to life and yes added extra layers.

As @Paul Ravensaid the whole topic of having to add Marchetti to the Jabot umbrella was really really dumb and unnecessary.

Why couldn’t Summer just say working for the lady was great experience but personally can’t stand the bitch so she’s coming home out of familiarity? LOL

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Source?  I believe you but I still like to see where inside dirt originates.  Thanks 

Ashland and Diane may click well together, but do we really want Dianne sucked back into Newman politics?

Dwight should be shady character, keeping up Esther's horrible taste in men.  Maybe get Kevin or Chloe shot or harmed.

• Members

They should've had her online date turn out to be Tiny. Imagine if Chloe and Esther had to deal with the man who abandoned them all those years ago. 

Exactly! Why can't Kyle and Billy decide to revive "Glo by Jabot" while Summer takes control of Brash and Sassy with Victoria assistance. And have Newman and Jabot rival again. 

They need to stop it with these fashion stories on this show that nine times out of ten don't go anywhere. 

• Members

Why is Elena telling all her business to Imani? 

Billy as the white man out of place. Triggered.

I wonder if the show would actually go there. Make Billy voice discomfort as the only white guy in a company with majority-black leadership. Right now, they are dancing around the elephant in the room by calling it a “family” thing.