Y&R May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL gotcha!

And completely agreed. Just like how Ashland’s remission turned into Ashland has been faking for a whole year now out of the blue to the suddenness of Chelsea/Rey before Rey did all because Chelsea had dream about the two. 

It just goes to show you how much Newman and Walters have given so much beyond on what bones have been thrown their way. 

• Members

I rewatched and reread recaps/transcripts.  Ashland's heart attack was real. But the cancer was fake.

When he was away in New York with Victoria, he spontaneously decided to  add the fake cancer onto his real heart issues as a way to gain inroads to take over Newman Enterprises.
Ashland explained all of this when he finally confessed to Victoria a few days after the accident in which Rey died.

This explains why the viewers saw Ashland collapse when nobody was around - it was due to his heart issues.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I think this would be the perfect time to tell Willow about the DNA test as she would probably want nothing to do with Nina.  By delaying it, Carly is setting up the scenario where Nina will be a victim and then Willow will actually want to connect with her.

• Members

I have definitely heard people pronounce mature as "matour".  It's not that common, but I have heard it several times.  I thought it might be a regional thing, but she was born in Chicago and raised in California (as was I) and that's not a common pronunciation in either of those areas.  Maybe MS thinks it makes her sound sophisticated?  Like when people pronounce vase "vozz" lol.

• Members

Susan Walters definitely is the star of the show at the moment. The scenes today of Kyle & Summer visiting Diane were actually a breath of fresh air and intriguing. 

While it was fun to see Sharon tear into Ashland, it’s also hard to have much sympathy given Sharon’s own sordid past. 

The show probably should have acknowledged it was Memorial Day and have Jack and Phyllis in causal clothes for their Chancellor Park picnic as opposed to the two being so dressed up they looked like they were going to dinner at Top of the Towers lol.

• Members

5-23

I hate to admit it, but I don't feel completely bored.

Yes, Diane's return (and everyone's reactions to that) is THE story. But I have found that even when she's not on, there appears to be some traction being gained even when she's not on. 

I loved the Esther's episodes with flashbacks. Though...it should have been a whole episode. 

Sharon and Nick circling each other again. Uh...okay.

Not sure how I feel about Noah and Allie, but I didn't dislike them.

And I am all for Michael and Lauren getting a story if it brings out the feisty Lauren telling Ashland off. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Instead of acknowledging and exploring the challenges Nate might have in a career change, they just go their usual default of everyone being brilliant/successful at what they do.

BTW Sharon needs to update Crimson Lights. That decor has served them well for over 20 years but the jukebox and creepy wall 'art' needs to go. IRL a business that doesn't change in that time would look tired and dated.

Especially when GC's movers and shakers choose to go there. The floorplan can stay but redecorating is a must.

Maybe that would attract some customers apart from the cast?