Y&R April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Pretty much. I know I mentioned in the spoiler thread it’s interesting that pretty much all of what was Y&R’s storylines came to a screeching halt the moment Diane was revealed alive, and since then it’s only been that story and the Ashland reveal since then. And now we have Rey’s sudden abrupt death out of the blue.

I’m wondering who’s calling the shots at the moment lol. Remember when JFP was  fired over her Chancellor mansion redesign after some senior CBS executive was repulsed by what they saw and then intervened? Give the heavy near universal criticism Y&R was getting back in the winter all over the place I have to wonder if the same executive said enough is enough and intervened again lol. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

4-15

Well played, writers.

You know viewers are digging into Diane's return more than anything. So they are spacing that the heck out. Good because that will make people want to tune in waiting for her to appear. However, you better have something else going on to hold a person's image. IMHO this past week's Mariah/Tessa montage ain't it. 

Thankfully...outside of Adam's whining...the Ashland story has gotten somewhat more interesting.

But that could be because everything I see him, I swooooooooned.

Oh, Joshua. lol.

Robert Newman turned up the heat this week. And I could see while Victoria flinched as his intensity came to the fray. And that just means RN is doing a great job. I could almost forget that he's been lying to her. Almost.

But getting back to Diane...lol...I loved that Jack sat them down and told them. And I LIVE for all of Ashley's reactions. But I think it is known how much I love Eileen Davidson. And I liked before Jack told them the truth, Jack compared Allie to her. I know it had been mentioned on the threads possible story ideas for Allie and a possible mentonship between Ashley and Allie would be nice.

Diane pulling her low key Alexis Carrington entrance was a hoot.

But...nothing much to hold my interest though I liked that I was actually interested in the Ashland story now. 

Oh...and good to see Sharon. And I loved her calling Ashland out. But that reminds me of something that I liked this week. Someone was focused on continunity by bringing up Sharon's cancer, the lawsuit of Victor vs his kids where he LOST, there was a third thing that caught my interest, but it has slip my mind. But good to see someone paid attention this week. at least.

• Members

It was an ugly blue set and they took down Katherine’s portrait as Billy was living in the house around the same time he started his affair with Phyllis.

Said anonymous senior very high up CBS executive was disgusted by the appearance and was very pissed off by no portrait of Mrs. Chancellor so much so he/she decided to take drastic action into their own hands…

Hence why in one of Mal Young’s very first episodes he was credited as co-EP we had a scene with Jill barging in on Billy with a can of yellow paint, telling Billy off for letting the mansion go, and the episode concluding with Jill having a flashback of watching Katherine walk up the stairs one last time. 

• Members

I think so.  I think we're gonna find out down the road (ha!) that Ashland intended to kill Victoria - he, and not Rey, was driving the oncoming vehicle that caused Victoria to crash - but that his plans were spoiled - first, when Victoria managed to survive the crash with only minor injuries; and second, when Rey happened upon the scene, figured out (somehow) what Ashland had been up to and tried to detain him, only for Ashland to kill him to prevent him from exposing his crime.

The next part isn't really spoilers, but in case fanfic ain't your bag:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Of course, I believe I would have written and shot differently, lol.

I would have had Nick show up outside of Crimson Lights, looking through the window behind the counter at Sharon, who's busy cleaning up for the night.  I would have STAYED outside CL - meaning, we'd watch the scene unfold through the window - as Nick enters.  The music that's playing underneath the scene fades and we hear outside noises (cars driving by, the wind, whatever) as Nick gets Sharon's attention and begins to tell her the news.  We don't hear anything that either Nick or Sharon say, but we can tell by Sharon's reactions that Nick has told her about the crash.  Sharon breaks down and Nick puts his arms around her as we slowly fade to black.

• Members

Khan- yes to Chance and Allie, but killing off Abby and sending Ashley crazy again? That's a no from me.

Paul/Sharon and another baby? Sorry no. I would accept Paul and Lauren hooking up.

Victoria off in her own story with 3 new characters-not happening with today's budget.

A recast Phillip -  OK.

• Members

TBH...?  I'm not crazy for my ideas for Paul and Sharon either.

Now, you're not gonna change my mind about Abby and Ashley, no matter what.  I still think Abby's an extraneous character who can't salvaged, no matter how many times you recast her, how many stupid relationships you stick her in, or how long you keep her off the canvas with the hope that you can bring her back if/when you think you know what to do with her.  Abby has to go, it has to be permanent, and if it IS permanent, then, given Ashley's history, I think a(nother) mental breakdown followed by a stint at a sanitarium is the only logical fate for a woman (Ashley) forced to accept the untimely death of yet another child of hers.

But, the Paul/Sharon thing...?  Yeah, that's the kind of [!@#$%^&*] I'd scrap as soon as it hit the air.  Which would be a very Bill Bell thing to do, I guess, lol.

ETA: But I WILL say that I had it in mind for Sharon to give birth to a son, Caleb, who would have Downs Syndrome.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Not trying to convince you or annoy you, but just curious why you think she has to be killed off permanently. The ridiculous story of her conception? I know a lot of people feel she simply shouldn’t exist, period, which I understand. That SpermPig story was disgraceful and pretty much destroyed Ashley. That said, and this is just me: I generally feel that unless a character has done something irredeemable, like killing a beloved character in cold blood, they can be salvaged with time off the canvas. The major problem with Abby is that the crap writers who’ve shepherded this show since her arrival as an adult have had zero idea of what to do with her. She was initially a Paris Hilton-esque joke, then became the all-purpose pretty white heroine they wanted for that age group. And the poor casting has done the character no favors. But I think just having her leave the canvas and rarely mentioned wouldn’t be some albatross on the show. In the unlikely event that some competent writers take over after Y&R moves to streaming or something, I’d love to still have that legacy character on the table, perhaps reinvented down the line due to some offscreen events in her life, especially when we’re already contending with a depleted generation of Abbotts.