Y&R April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, that’s pretty much a slap in the face. They didn’t even do a flashback reenactment of Rey in the crash as Ashland told the story? Maybe they are waiting for a twist (JG loves to “surprise” us with a “twist”) to show that perhaps Rey didn’t die due to the crash. Maybe he was still alive but Ashland really killed him? Either way, odd.

Sharon Case’s great acting would have resonated more if I bought Sharon and Rey as a couple. They actually directed/shot that Sharon/Nick scene reasonably well, even if it was overlit in the modern-day Y&R style.

They should have just ended the scene with Sharon saying “I already know,” then her breaking down, instead of cutting to Victoria/Ashland/Victor/Nikki in the cabin and cutting back to Nick breaking down the gory details of Rey’s death to Sharon. Would have been more impactful.

Ashland is a total fail as a character, but RN is doing a good job. I can’t imagine Richard Burgi playing any of this.

• Members

Sharon Case reminded everyone today of why she has managed to endure despite having one of the most consistently poorly written character on the show.
I don't care about Sharon and Rey but I care about Sharon so it worked for me. As skeptical as I am of where this is going: both in terms of Sharon and in terms of that crash story.

• Members

He has had his watchable moments—the Elena/Nate affair, some of his early stuff. All short-lived. If he sustains interest for more than a few weeks without totally flatlining again, I’ll be impressed. Having actual villains helps. It’s not rocket science: it shouldn’t have taken him this long to bring on darker characters to shake things up a bit, but at least it’s happening.

• Members

The dialogue in these Newman family scenes a few days ago is incredibly vague, bland and nondescript. "I thought Ashland left peacefully!" "I think [whoever wrecked this painting] was in a lot of pain." "Vic is a strong, proud woman." "What could have made her do this?" It's like they're talking about an acquaintance. There is no character to these characters, just expository detail.

Edited by Vee