Y&R April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

One thing that was sort of overlooked was Diane not getting freaked out when she ran into Mariah....thinking it was Cassie. Matt Hanvey pointed out on twitter though that Diane might have known because of  GC Buzz having "Millions of viewers"

Please register in order to view this content

either way It would have been nice if they had Diane be a little spooked at first and confusing Mariah by saying, "I thought you died". 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

4-22

That was a pretty good week. Outside of Adam's whining that is.

And now we have Rey's death to add to the mix of stories going on. Which is basically three...this, Diane's return, and the Ashland story. I definitely don't agree with the fact the last we saw of the Rey the actor was him with Sharon, Chelesa, and Connor. And then...GONE. Perhaps there is a twist coming ( @Khan love your fanfic btw and really loved that you do what the best writers CAN do, you take a character you know you don't like and actually use them. six month rule from Marland's new HW rules?), but as is...yeah, that was abrupt. At least it was centered around Sharon enough for me that I loved it and I know I teared up when Nick walked into Crimson Lights to tell her and she...just knew. And I continued to feel a way as she was shown the next day with her family...which I will give some credit to NuNoah for having a bit of that Robert Adamson vibe with Nick...and she had to tell Celeste. It would be nice to see Eva La Rue again, but we will see. Speaking of the Rosales, is Lola still in town? In any case, it has held my interest outside of Chelesa and Adam...though it was nice to see Adam not whine and be a dad to his son as he explained what was happening to Connor. I do wonder if Sharon is going to get angry in her grief and do something crazy. 

As for Ashland and Victoria...le sigh. Is Victoria about to completely blame herself...leaving her vulnerable to Ashland? Is he still leaving town? One never knows with these writers. Given the abruptness of Rey turning up dead...anything is possible.

And like I said...they know they are stretching out Diane's return. LOL!!! The last we saw of her was Phyllis revealing she knew she was in her hotel. And then...BAMF!!! No sign. I just feel the writers continue to know people want to see how that story is going to go so they are throwing up twists in their other stories to try to hook viewers tuning in. But the good stuff is coming I see. So can't wait. 

• Members

Rey’s death being a result of a sudden heart attack while driving sucks all the drama out of Ashland’s convoluted story…but also a reminder that some unknown force that isn’t JG or Morina appears to be dictating story commands. LOL a real “kill ‘em and wrap it up quick!”

With Ashland still hanging around and Imani finally resurfacing with having unrequited feelings for Nate, I think it would be interesting to have the two becomes friends of Diane and change up the dynamics of GC.

Actually all Imani needs is the friendship of Sally. Team Imani here because she’s far more dynamic than either Amanda or Elena are at the moment.

• Members

Unless...the "sudden heart attack" was the result of a drug that Ashland administered to Rey (and perhaps had planned to administer to Victoria) minutes after the crash.  Do another autopsy, I say.  Check for the needle mark. 

Please register in order to view this content

If only Josh Griffith had somehow tied all three stories together.  Like, for example, Diane comes back into town RIGHT at the moment of the crash (and witnesses Ashland kill Rey and arrange it to look as if Victoria was responsible).

Edited by Khan

• Members

Last year, Chelsea poisoned Rey with thallium. Thallium mainly causes hair loss and neurological symptoms, but rapidly becomes lethal if untreated.  The hospital got him the antidote and he recovered.

I've seen speculations online that maybe Rey had residual effects that weakened his heart, but of course these are random nonscientific soap speculations.  

Edited by janea4old

• Members

So why is she still strutting around tow?

Her punishment seemed to be being locked up for a few months, then allowed under supervision of Rey to see her ailing mother. Then Rey returned, so she suddenly didn't need supervision.

When she returned all was forgiven and forgotten and she and Rey were besties.

Really?

• Members

Unfortunately any story speculation always turns out to be more interesting than what we see on the actual show. 

Ashland has a mysterious past and Leslie Brooks is coming to the wedding. Could Ashland be the long lost Prentiss Brooks finally realized? NOPE!!! Leslie just came to the wedding to play piano….

Noah returns and is haunted by an apparent lover back in Europe who did him seriously wrong but Noah doesn’t want to talk about who or it at all except be depressed. Did Noah have a romance and heartbreak with a guy in Europe?   NOPE!!! Noah has simply been unable to get over Tessa for four years now apparently…

The examples are endless….

• Members

Both Lynde and JLB came back for the 45th anniversary but were completely MIA for the Theo story, and when a Brooks family finally appeared again she didn’t mention Theo at all lol.

LOL nostalgia is something Y&R does well when they do it so major Newman wedding in Tuscany should have pulled out all the stunts…Leanna Love showing up to cover the wedding for her new gossip TV show, Cole shows up out of the blue with Nina on his arm as does a newly freed and rehabilitated JT coming with Reed while an escaped Tricia shows up hollering with a gun before all is revealed that Ashland is Prentiss Brooks seeking revenge on the way Victor did Prentiss Industries. 

• Members

That would've been great.

We all know she's just gonna play the piano again! I can't believe I was right about this last time when they literally brought this important long-lost original castmember back just to play some damn player piano accompaniment like a Disney animatronic at Frontiertown.

• Members

Just watched this morning.

WORTH...THE...WAIT.

The slight build in action. The camera angles. Nikki's reaction. And most importantly...YES the musical cues. It was delicious. 

Get her, Nikki!!!!

• Members

4-29

IMANI!!!

That said...I thought that was a good week. The Diane returns storyline continues to gain legs as Nikki finds out, some near misses, Kyle being told, and then the face to face as a Friday cliffhanger. There were still moments when it felt a bit sloppy. Like I expected that when Diane freaked and ran out that she would run into Ashland with her grandchild...which would have been interesting. Or perhaps Diane would see Sharon...not that I recall them having any history. and I kinda miss AD's energy in the Nikki/Diane scenes, but still great scenes.

Is that it? Rey had a heart attack? That crash story could have gone so many ways with Sharon lashing out at Victoria, lashing out at Ashland, lashing out at Chelsea while dealing with how she felt about it and keeping it together. But alas, I guess.

Meanwhile, that is all they have for Devon, Amanda, and Lily while Imani just hinting she wants her some Nate. And I can just imagine the chemistry.

Just le sigh.