Y&R April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s weird that Ashley, Traci, and Billy didn’t bring up Theo when discussing potential agenda-driven interlopers in their family.

That story literally just happened.

Did I miss a step with Allie and Diane? This light, cordial interaction feels odd after the strained conversation they had when Jack revealed who “Taylor” really was.

Also this LOL

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Diane said the one thing that nobody else would to Jack about his relationship with Keemo. Keemo turned his back on Jack and he just let him.

I also don't understand the comparisons of Diane Jenkins with Sheila Carter on social media and other boards. Diane, like Phyllis, was of the scheming vixen type. Sheila on the other hand more or less fills the mold of what a soap villain is.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

I will say it even though it makes sound nuts: I think the show PR has to do with the way Diane is talked about in comments and social med ia.
As I said, I spotted immediately from the interviews and the teaser that the show was portraying her as a big bad villain which she wasn't (to repeat myself, an antagonist, not a villain).
But then YouTube comments were full of fans talking about her as if she was scary and like Sheila and all that and sorry but it doesn't pass the sniff test.  It may make me sound conspiracionist but I think the comm team has sock puppets that are leading the conversation that way. I remember suspecting the same thing when the YouTube comments for B&B re" Taylor/Ridge were soooo skewed towards cheering Steffy and talking about Taylor like a saint - which they were doing on a show but that any viewed would know better about.
NO ONE who watched when Diane was on would ever think of her that way - particularly not since the most "violent" things Diane did like the fire were not in her most recent MW appearance where she was semi-scheming semi-pathetic. And young viewers would not get excited over a character they know so little as to be skewed by the misleading way the show is presenting her.
So I don't believe it to be organic. There, I said it.

• Members

It is refreshing to see some actual Abbott family drama again on the show, even if it supported largely by ED, BM, and again more 20 year old flashbacks. 

The lack of Theo mention and also Billy’s words about Phyllis considering his own history with her were indeed strange. 

And yeah it’s strange that people are comparing Diane to Sheila when Diane came no where close, and even what’s being played out on screen doesn’t even suggest in the slightest that Diane is unhinged, but rather she is simply haunted and full of regrets and actually being realistic.

Of course we still have the mystery of Allie’s mother, maybe that’s what is next

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

4-1

Those flashbacks were GOLD. 

Not only did anybody who did not know the history...got to see the history...but long timers got to see some great scenes. I for one never saw the scene when Diane found out it was Jack's sperm, not Victor's sperm that produced Kyle so I loved finally seeing that. 

Speaking of scenes, I loved the first scenes between Jack and Diane. Those were actually done well and PB and SW sold it for me. And some decent music, too.

As for the 'how...' it makes me almost (note I said almost hehe) go back and watch the story because I barely remember the aftermath. And just mentioning Deacon Sharpe...mmmmm...lol.

As far as the rest of the show....uh...what show? lol.

I did like the coverover that Lauren was wearing. That's all I got.