Days of Our Lives: February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Same.  I can't get past the fact that EJami are supposed to be this great love story (that was shoved down our throats at every opportunity) when the dude literally forced her to have sex with him.  Like, how da fuq am I supposed to care about a guy who does THAT?  How is HE supposed to be this romantic or heroic character?

• Members

That my big reason, plus which he never really has to pay for his crimes, and he was forced down our throats at every chance to destroy Sami/Lucas. Sami and Lucas were set up to be more or less endgame, only for them to be destroy by this overwhelming love that apparently spanned over 100 years. BULLSH!T

• Members

Which is happening again by having Lucas kidnap her.

This.

And you know what is weird about that story and that I can't get over? They KNEW they wanted to go with EJami the minute EJ arrived in town. They hinted at it, played with it, established the chemistry. I hated it because I am a Lumi supporter but they were heavy-handed and I couldn't deny that it could make for a good story.

WHY would they intentionally choose to start what they had worked so hard to establish as the "Next Great Love" with rape is beyond me. It is bad enough when it happens with characters or couples writers didn't foresee would take off. I don't like it but they didn't see Jack becoming a fan fave or Luke/Laura on GH.
But here EJami was the plan. So WHY would they poison the well for a huge part of the audience with that plot? 
I'll never understand what kind of misogynist short-sighted thinking led them to think this was a good idea.

• Members

Which is a puzzling story decision in itself; AS is not going to be on the show long, they could have put her with Lucas and have them ride off into the sunset together. Lucas is already seldom seen as it is. But now they are obviously throwing Lucas under the bus for a EJami reunion, just for AS to leave again. The whiplash from the constant back and forth is ridiculous. 

Edited by MichaelGL