Characters you were surprised to see again

• Members

Guiding Light 

Ed Bauer played by Peter Simon in 2002

Vanessa returning in 2002 for the anniversary episodes as well. 

Honestly 2002 had plenty of returns I was shocked at, including KT as Mindy. 

A deSORASED Susan 

Nola and Bridget Reardon for the last episode. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, that entire plot was jaw-droppingly stupid, and continued to butcher the show's already-damaged credibility. When Dorian confirmed that there was doubt as to whether or not that version of Victor was in reality the REAL Victor, I was mollified that TPTB were at least trying to do damage control. It did not solve or erase the problem, but it was better than nothing.

Bringing back Aunt Meta absolutely shocked and thrilled me. The character's 1950 murder trial was the earliest plot in TGL's history that captivated me (and was one of the show's best of all time, IMHO). I doubt we would have seen Meta again if a star of Mary Stuart's stature had not been available, but we were lucky to have her back.

Another unexpected, shocking, but thrilling set of returns.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I didn't really like any of those casting choices at the time. Maybe Bogue but then I recall growing to dislike him somewhat. Tognoni was way better on Y&R, imo. I think maybe I appreciated that they were trying to make her more than just the crazy, murderous version, but I just didn't enjoy her acting style. I was too young to appreciate the other Alan-Michaels but obviously that guy's version was completely different. I also didn't like Mandy Bruno, but that's another topic..

I had forgotten this, but it was kind of surprising to see Mascolo return to Days in 2006; I remember the feeling among some people after his 2001 departure was that he would never come back.