Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

The last time I remember any real investment in Phillip or Chloe was in the Sheffer run, when he talked up making the character dark and wounded again with JKJ finally back, dealing with his war injury and mixing things up with Belle, a newly vixen-ish Chloe, Shawn, etc.

That lasted about 8 minutes before everyone involved BTS was fired and it went sideways, and ever since then Phillip, Chloe, Shawn and Belle have all been welfare characters rotating in and out of employment by the show nonstop with storylines and romances that never go anywhere. I couldn't tell you a single thing any of them have done in the last 10+ years or more, except that poor Chloe was demeaned over and over and over and yet keeps being fired then rehired. Like sands through the hourglass, so is Nadia Bjorlin's dressing room. And JKJ lost all luster long ago. He looks like a wax dummy.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just think their personalities clashed. She didn't go into detail. I think she pretty much said he was full of himself and wasn't that great. 

I believe he also pulled the bad odor in mouth before kiss..

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah, Belle and Shawn feel like best friends who are married to each other. 

Lani/Shawn was so blink and you miss it. I forget about it lol.

Yeah, Shawn could be used better for sure. That's why I'd like to see a Shawn/Eli friendship. And Billy Flynn and Brandon Beemer seem friendly off-camera so a Shawn/Chad friendship could be interesting (and Belle is involved in DiMera plus they once hinted at Belle/Chad). And Sal/Marci Miller are close off screen and Abby and Lani could both really use friends ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think Kyle Brandt said he was kind of a dick back in the day too.  He's made some comments that make him seem very full of himself

I can't imagine MM being bitchy-not that I doubt you.  I wish some of that bitchiness would come off on screen.  That actually might make me like Belle more lol.

Belle/Shawn always seem so sexless in a way most couples, even bad ones, don't.  Jarlena still act like they want to get it on every night. Even Doug/Julie seem passionate lol.  I believe they love one another, but there is zero passion and they do seem like best buds.  I know BB and MM can do passion because BB did it on B&B and MM had it with JKJ.  It's a shame because it's too late to recast now and we are just stuck with them unless KS and JC randomly decided they want to come back one day.

I think Shawn/Brady should at least be friends.  They are in laws and he could be pro-Brady in the war over Chloe since apparently Belle hates her brother and is pro-Phillip.

Edited by carolineg