DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He’s no Zach Tinker.

Freddie comes off too loud and assertive on the podcast, too in-your-face. I don’t like him here any more than I did when he was on DAYS. He’s clearly jealous of Tinker in the role, and I’m thinking he wasn’t asked back at all. That’s a good thing, because he’s a lousy actor.

Saying they watched only the WilSon scenes of Beyond Salem was all shade, and ignorant as hell. 

• Members

So I just watched some of Freddie and Alyssa podcast. Blaming directors and producers for your acting? If he got notes telling him to not go full anger, it's because he was a crappy actor. 

I do remember show attempting to make Sonny more of a ruthless Kiriakis businessman, which I thought could have been an interesting direction, but Freddie couldn't handle the material and sucked at. 

He's clearly upset and jealous that people instantly loved Zach. He was probably expecting fans to react how they did with Guy. Well with Guy, we got a downgrade. With Zach we got a long overdo upgrade.  Zach's a better actor than you Freddie. 

I hope DAYS never asks him back. Move on Freddie and live your life as a grifter in Florida. 

Edited by wingwalker

• Members

Well said.

I think he probably needs to move on, but I also think he knows his DAYS videos get clicks ... clicks = money ...

And frankly, who can blame him for being upset his recast was better received. Like, instantly beloved in the role. That has to sting. I feel bad on a human/empathy standpoint but from a soap fan and someone who wants to be invested in the actors and characters I watch, he made some really bad choices.

• Members

As George Jefferson once told Tom Willis... ie less fat.

Please register in order to view this content

Freddie's wife has him on diet.

I found that very odd that he only watched those scenes. I'm sure he wanted to see how well Tinker did and if he had chemistry with Chandler.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Great post!

The ruthless Sonny attempt was just horrible. All Freddie could do is make these weird faces when he was suppose to be angry.

They are doing the same thing with Philip and it isn't working either. I don't what happened to Jay's acting. His acting has gotten worse.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I'm not really sure why he'd think that makes him look good - those are his old co-workers after all on that show. You'd think he'd be a bit more gracious about it, but he and his wife kind of comes off as a toxic twosome unfortunately.

I tend to think he was asked, but he probably assumed that this was going to be another Chabby in Paris / Last Blast thing on the DAYS app, so seeing it actually blow up must be a bit of a "oh [!@#$%^&*]" moment for him. He probably just thought he wasn't missing much, plus seeing his recast get such a great reception after nine years in the role has got to sting a bit. As others had said, he probably thought whoever stepped into the role was going to get Guy Wilson'd.

• Members

Zach Tinker needs to learn how to show respect during an interview. I've seen 2 zoom interviews with him this week where he is clearly bored and yawns several times. There could be other interviews out there but he's 2 for 2 in the 2 interviews I've seen of him. I've watched many dozens of zoom interviews during the pandemic and have never seen anyone else yawn during an interview. So disrespectful. And to show up like he just rolled out of bed. I wanted the interviewers to ask him if they were disturbing him. Afterall, Zach was the one who agreed to the interviews. They didn't call and wake him up unexpectedly. Cancel the interview if you're not up to it. In the Michael Fairman interview, there were 4 other cast members who took the time to look decent and never acted bored or yawned. Tinker has so much to learn. Take a lesson from the classy Eileen Davidson in that same Fairman interview and from Charles Shaughnesssy and RSW and Peter Porte who were all so much classier than Zach.

• Members

Freddie is that you? In all seriousness,  I am sorry but I do not see what you saw at all. Yes his hair was Messy. It always is in interviews and he answered all questions and was respectful of co-stars.  Maybe your Computer is showing you alternative reality? LOL

I think Freddie screwed himself. Majority of the stuff Ive seen that want Chandler back as Will also want Zach back as Sonny. Beyond Salem rejuvinated Wilson & if DAYS were smart it would be Massey/Tinker that play this couple going forward. 

Well when Zach was first announced , Freddie talked about how Chandler will finally know what it was like when they recast Will & he has to work with Nu Sonny. Yeah probably thought the Wilson fandom wouldnt like Zach as much as they did

Edited by John

• Members

Of course, on this board the response would be Freddie is that you. I never mentioned Freddie. There are several boards out there who mock this board. Rightfully so.

My post was about Zach Tinker yawning through 2 interviews that I watched. He should be more respectful during interviews. I never said anything about his performance as Sonny, which was fine. Just be more engaged and not yawn so much during interviews.

• Members

I mean, if you were replaced at your last job and heard all day how great your replacement was ... lol

If the posters on this board bother you so much ... I mean don't you have another board where you talk about this board ?

Edited by KMan101