Y&R August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think these Billy scenes are foreshadowing something bad happening with Ashland. 
Wish they would call Kevin to help find Mariah. He’s smarter than the entire team involved.  When Tessa was looking at Ben hugging Abby I couldn’t tell if she was thinking “this guy is up to something” or “ should we order pizza?” 

• Members

This is where the story leans towards bothersome rather than just boring. Because yes. Victoria dating him is stupid enough but rushing into marriage... is just credibility-of-the-character-destroying stupid.

They really really really are writing her as generic naive heroine which is not what Victoria is. And if they try to build conflict with Lily by having Billy run to her rescue I am going to go from annoyed to pissed. Not because I care about B/L but because the damsel in distress trope is so tired.

Of all of Victor's children, she is supposed to be by far the smartest and most capable. They SHOULD be establishing her as her father's worthy heir so that when it doesn't happen (maybe because of her gender) it becomes a huge story. Victoria vs Adam has so much potential to carry on the Newman story the day EB can't be around anymore. 

I am so mad at the show because there is so much potential in all that they have and this is the garbage they choose to do with it.

• Members

Victoria is supposed to be this savvy businesswoman and there should be the undercurrent that her relationship with Ashland has a business element to it. Ashland could even acknowledge it as they are two of  a kind.

Instead she's become the nursemaid all a flutter about her 26th wedding.

Not sure how Tara loses any say or rights to her son because she was arrested. Has this been addressed?

Phyllis' pity party over her dodder is ridiculous. Of course, any parent would be sad their child left town, but Summer has her man and her job, just as Phyllis does.

Besides as everyone is fabulously wealthy a trip on a private jet to Milan every few months shouldn't be a problem.

Like it when Phyllis dismissed Daniel's existence - 'I hardly see him'- as though that was enough.

Trouble is I think we're supposed to sympathize with her...

• Members

Yeah. They had to sentimentalize this story when it should have been more of a strategic alliance/cat-and-mouse game. But they just can’t let go of this characterization of Victoria as this tightly wound daddy’s girl heroine desperate for love and overwhelmed by the demands placed on her. With Ashley off canvas, Phyllis is the only female character they let really go toe to toe with dudes.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I'm a week behind, so maybe something happened in the meantime, but I thought the same. She's accused of a financial crime, surely she'd get out on bail and be able to take care of her son. Or are we supposed to believe that she was tried and convicted offscreen and is just in prison indefinitely now? Lol.

• Members

I'm assuming this is the Young & Restless page i wanted to please ask if anyone has access to some of the early episodes and could send me a link, and i was wondering if ANYONE has ANYTHING at all of Bond Gideon, Deborah Adair or Melinda Fee in 1984 as Jill Foster Abbott as well as Judith Chapman brief tenure from 1994 i was trying to edit together some scenes of all of the actresses who played Jill but it's hard to find anything but Brenda Dickson or Jess Walton, i really wanted to honor their memories butthis has been quite a piece of work

PS: i already came across a little Deborah Adair but in really bad video and sound shape so if you have something in decent shape i would be very grateful