Y&R August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The way this Mariah story ended made the whole thing even worse. I was hoping all along that there was a red herring and the culprit would be revealed in the last seconds of the show (Friday cliffhanger). Too much to hope for evidently. This story may have seemed fine initially on paper, tying in all of these characters across the canvas, but the execution sucked bad. 

• Members

Recent scandals aside how do Morina & Griffith even have jobs still at least creatively? They fumbled and lost Mealor & King, still haven’t recast Chance and right now there is zero storyline and direction for anyone on canvas. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The details are a bit fuzzy for me now lol but back in 2009 Daniel got himself in an art forgery ring that was run by Deacon, Ryder, and Daisy, and somehow one of the art thieves  in the ring was murdered and Daniel was accused of the thief's murder. The thief had actually been murdered by Daisy and/or Sarah Smythe(Sheila's sister lol) but they left a sloppy trail of evidence that Phyllis deduced they would find evidence exonerating Daniel in the GC landfill. Thus they all met in the landfill one late night and did find the evidence. Katherine & Murphy being in the landfill to assist Daniel & Amber's predicament was just a precursor to the helicopter they flew a few months later during the climax to the Sara Smythe story 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It occurred during that messy period when the show had lost EB and MTS so you did not miss much lol.

I think the saddest thing about today's Y&R is that it reminds me of ATWT's final days where the potential is there but is definitely not being tapped at all and no improvement at all for the foreseeable future. UGH.