B&B: Thorsten Kaye taking a leave of absence?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My two main choices would've been Peter Reckell (ex-Bo, DAYS) or even bring back Lane Davies (ex-Mason, SB) who subbed for Moss in the 1990s, and I thought he did a wonderful job in the role. That being said, when I was watching, Kaye did the role justice and I enjoyed his work.

Is not going to happen; when Bradley Bell recast the role, he was quoted saying he would never return because of it, as it felt like it was a betrayal on Bell's part after Moss told him not to recast the role. He was quoted saying:

"The recast felt like a betrayal. For me, that was a sign of real disrespect. One thing I asked of Brad Bell (executive producer) was not to recast. But it was in a phone message from him that I learned he intended to do exactly that. That was it for me. There is no going back."

• Members

Thorsten tried but he’s just not Ridge. He’d work as his own character, perhaps a Forrester nephew of Eric’s from Europe or whatever. As bleh as an actor that Ron Moss is, he was Ridge! Cant say that I’d be disappointed if the current actor left.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I thought so too, actually.

Her return and even Sheila's had me watching for a hot minute. Shame it didn't last.

What's the beef with the show and Hunter Tylo?

Most likely ...

And isn't he unable to remember loads of dialogue or something? He left for other reasons too I believe.

Thorsten Kaye was miscast as Ridge. Not really sure what they were thinking. I could see Thorsten not coming back.

• Members

To be honest I think Thudley have never gotten over Tylo’s contract negotiations dramas they had what, 1999-02 to which lead to her eventual exit. Once Taylor came back in ‘05 it wasn’t long before the character was completely trashed. I think at some point obviously Tylo had enough which why refused to come back in 2019. 

I’m surprised that Taylor hasn’t  recast with some high-profile actress from an ABC soap as well. 

That 2017-18 period at least still had a good mix of characters to offset the lousier stories and hadn’t completely became the Liam/Hope half-hour yet. 

• Members

Agreed. The 2017-18 period had potential.

I'm surprised Taylor hasn't been recast too. She's very much needed.

So tired of petty ass executives who get their feelings hurt. I don't blame Hunter for saying peace out.

LMAO

I'm actually kinda surprised Marcil hasn't been on B&B ...

She can play Hope on DAYS if GH doesn't want her

• Members

TK was a solid improvement over RM. However, zero chemistry with KKL - that only get magnified with DD/KKL were in the same room. TK did have chemistry in spade with Lindsey Godfrey. Thudley truly blew it with the Myron PSA - that Maya/Rick/Caroline/Ridge story could have lasted for years.

Eric and Ridge certainly can be gone. Set-up Bill and Brooke as the patriarch/matriarch of B&B. Rick and Steffy, etc. B&B certainly could move the show to the 3rd generation, which they basically set up for the past decade with Hope/Liam/Steffy.  

• Members

Last we saw him was when he was on General Hospital in 2010, and he still had it. I feel like they chem-tested him with Nancy Lee Grahn, and I liked it.

He is on social media again, and this is one of the images he's posted as of November 2020:

Please register in order to view this content