B&B: Thorsten Kaye taking a leave of absence?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL read the article, he's wanting to do a bit of traveling, so he wants to take a LOA for a FEW MONTHS next year

From the article....

"I have already agreed with my boss [B&B executive producer Brad Bell] that next year or the year after that he should write me out of the story for a few months," Kaye shares (via a translated version of the original article, below), adding that he and his family are "really looking forward" to the vacation that will likely include a stop in the actor's birthplace of Frankfurt, Germany.

• Members

I've always liked TK in other roles, so I was very happy to have him play Ridge.  I have to admit he's a far stretch from the Ronn Moss portrayal of Ridge.  I was always waiting for Brad to have him add a scarf to his wardrobe.

• Webmaster

I agree with this sentiment. I just didn't get the show's choice is hiring someone with such an accent that there was no way he could be an American named Ridge Forrester. But I've admired Thorsten since his first episode as Patrick Thornhart on One Life to Live. The man was damn sexy then and is damn sexy now, despite his comments to the contrary.

Happy he's on B&B, and even happier he supports the soap genre.

• Members

Again, I would have loved to see his Ridge up against Susan Flannery’s Stephanie (and more of his siblings).

I think he has a decent rapport with JMcC and has nice chemistry with on-screen kids, especially JMW, but he’s kinda meh with KKL/Brooke. 

Edited by Faulkner