Days: March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm actually enjoying Jackee Harry much more than I thought I would. I love how she says anything and points out how whitewashed Salem is. She manages to crack me up, and that hasn't happened watching this show in a long time. It's great to see more diversity on the show. I wish they would keep Theo full-time no matter who plays him.

I have my suspicions about who she really is to Lani though.

Please register in order to view this content

I'm loving all the shady shade Paulina is throwing white bread Salem USA. '' If variety is the spice of life . ""Salem would be a sodium free diet''-Paulina Price. Julie going to touch Valerie's hair. And Paulina stopping her. Telling Julie to never touch a black women's hair. This doesn't sound like stuff. RC would think off on his own. Meanwhile Roman comforting Gabi felt so random.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I've been wanting to post here again for a good while, but per usual I forgot my password. I frustrate myself at times. Obviously I couldn't post here until I suddenly remembered it. It's nice to be back.

On to Days, and the continuing saga of how ReRon will self sabotage the show just as it's finally watchable. 

I'll save that ridiculous, stupid, repulsive and tired plot for the spoilers page. Still, Christ on a cracker that man is the hack of all hacks.

I LOVE JACKEE HARRY! She lights up every scene she's in. Boy, did Days get lucky.

I'm enjoying the "Who Killed Charlie?" Storyline, solely because of the dysfunctional family interactions. Sami brings much needed tension and conflict to the canvas, especially with her onscreen family. 

I wish Rafe would die. Xander has no balls. This Kristen/Susan story is going places. Places nobody asked for and not a soul wanted. 

I'm halfway enjoying the show again after loathing it for months. Knowing what I know, in about 3 weeks it's likely going to be painful to to even read recaps. 

Well, Ron will do Ron. 

• Members

I don't think I've ever laughed as much during an episode of DAYS like I did today. Jackee Harry definitely sparked some energy into the show, and the scenes at Julie's Place were perfect, from calling Julie an old white lady, to calling Julie out on trying to touch Valerie's hair lol!

I find Cameron Johnson so cute and likable as Theo. I know there's many that would rather have Kyler back but Im ok with him in the role and think the character is needed on the canvas more than just a drop in. CLEO fans online are hoping for a reunion since Theo "broke up with his girlfriend," but with this version of Theo I'd rather see him with a man haha.

In contrast, Claire continues to annoy me. No offense to Isabel Durant but I'd welcome ORK back in a heartbeat. I just haven't warmed up to her, and it doesn't help she's wrapped up in this Ben nonsense, I tuned most of that out today, but that aside today was a good episode... funny and good display of diversity rarely seen.

• Members

I second what everyone is saying about Jackee. I expected the energy and humor from her but I am genuinely surprised they seem to be setting her up in two if not three different stories (the business, the potential Abe pairing, maybe a family secret).
And I am LOVING the way they are using her to be blunt about certain things, not least of which the place of race on the show. That's very bold and very welcome and intriguing.

• Members

Jackee is terrific — when she’s on the screen, you can’t take your eyes off her.

The naming of the godparents was ridiculous. I know it doesn’t really matter, but naming all these old people? And Theo, who’s never around?

Speaking of Theo, I guess it’s cool that he’s cured of autism. Seriously, what’s up with that? I’m not crazy about this recast, tbh.

And speaking of recasts, I’ll never get used to nuClaire. Just don’t think she fits the character at all.

it has been nice to be free of Susan and Kristen for a couple days.

• Members

I was going to ask about Theo's autism?  Is it still a thing?  Or is it like Phillip?  He magically grew his leg back when JkJ came back.  Phillip's leg isn't that big of a deal, but Theo's autism is lol.

NuClaire seems too old to me.  And I think her and Allie look too much alike.

• Members

I don’t think she’s nearly as distinctive and characterful as ORK, but I sorta don’t mind NuClaire. She doesn’t rise above the material, but she also doesn’t detract from it IMO. Not great when the material is lacking, though LOL.

• Members

I think NuClaire tries really hard to hide her accent and it effects her performance.  She was really likable in the Day of Days event clip when she was using her normal voice and accent.  ORK was a real find, but ID isn't the worst or anything.  I think she does a pretty good job interacting with her family.  It also helped ORK that she looked exactly like MM's daughter and DH's grand daughter.  Durant just looks like a random blonde girl they cast.

• Members

Agree on Theo. He's sort of in the same boat as Joey; the character needs to be on the canvas but the acting needs some work.

I love the Jack/Xander friendship. I'm glad that it hasn't been forgotten. Soaps needs friendships/other relationships like that.

And the whole Ciara/Ben psychic connection thing is stupid. I just don't get it. It would be stupid for any of the couples even the likable ones.