GH February 2021 Discussion

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Loved the Carly/Nina scenes today. Nina hit the nail right on the head when she called everybody out for the way that they enable Carly and each other. And I also like how Carly was written. There was no sugarcoating. She was written true to type.

Looking forward to see what Nina will do next 

• Members

Because ABC has spent the better part of 20 years making Carly, Jason, and Sonny the central characters of the show and the stories only showcase their points of views and rooting value.

Not to mention these same characters have been “protecting” Michael as a storyline for over 20 years, and Nelle was hurting the precious.

Or maybe no matter how great an actor they have playing Nina, that character does not work, hasn’t worked, and isn’t easy to root for because they are not successful.

And maybe the fans of this show, especially the ones vocal online are pretty much trash.  The only time I have agreed with one of their campaigns was when Genie Francis was let go.

• Members

GH Facebook rarely lines up with any of my opinions and I am not really a Carly fan, but Nina is very hard to sympathize with. I really dont care about nelle or nina at all.  The only person I sorta care about in all this is Jax. Not because he has done anything noteworthy in 20 years but because I liked Jax in the 90s.

• Members

Agreed.

Tbh, I'm actually a little surprised with how good the writing has been for Carly since this storyline began. I was worried they were going to have her be all depressed and withdrawn or doing stupid things, but she hasn't been. She really does seem better off without him. I wouldn't even mind a Carly/Jax reunion

• Members

The irony of GH to me is that it has been written for decades - especially in the Guza Pratt era but we still see the remnants of it to this day - as a man's man show.
With violence glorified and awful "antiheros" being celebrated. Female character playing support to male characters.

When in all reality most if not all the good characters and great performers of the show are the female characters. And most of the great scenes are between the female characters.
Even with awful writing and bad characterization, I'll take Ava, Carly, Alexis, Laura any day over Jason, Sonny, Luke.
Even with the problems there has been with Nina's writing, the interaction between her and Carly today was ten times more interesting and better acted than the endless mumbled fake-macho d***-measuring interactions between Cyrus and Jason/Sonny we have had to endure for months put together.

I could go on with examples but I think the gist of it stands for itself.