GH February 2021 Discussion

• Members

Georgie's death could be something that Faison or even Ryan set up since we now know he was alive at the time . Diego still strangled her but she later was revived and kidnapped. Maybe has amnesia

Ok did NL do something at Days to cause her to lose the role of Taylor???

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nah. Tamara Braun was boring as Taylor too and she is a much better actress. The character was badly written and the whole storyline poorly thought out but you don't hire someone and fire them within three months without a good reason. TB was not a bigger catch for them than NL was at the time (for better or for worse, NL is an Emmy winner). 
So let's not be naive. Things happen behind-the-scenes like at any workplace. Not every firing is for "creative" reasons. Three months tenure is absolutely undoubtedly a sure sign this is one of these cases.

• Members

That's exactly why I say what I am saying. People don't just get fired and recast three months in because a story doesn't work. 
I know how this business works and the idea that the only reason people are ever fired in soaps is because of creative reasons is just fans forgetting soaps are a workplace with the same kind of human resources issues as everywhere else.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

People are fired for dumber reasons than that in soaps all the time. They fire an actor quickly if they think another actor can fix it, even when the problem is the narrative. It's a cheap band-aid. It happens constantly with bad stories and pairings in soaps. It doesn't have to be some high-minded "creative" reason.

If there was some deep skullduggery surrounding the Taylor recast on DOOL we would have known about it then and now; lots of people had sources, especially at that show. It was a bad pairing in a bad story on a bad show, and no one running DOOL was very bright at the time. They panicked over pushing a bad quickie love story, tried to fix it, then shitcanned it altogether a few months after that while also firing the HW responsible. It's not the first or last time that sequence of events has happened in daytime, and it doesn't require a secret scandal.

• Members

I am not sure why we need to belabor something that I can't prove and that you can't disprove.

I stick to my knowledge that the idea that actors/resses only get fired for "creative reasons" and that "we would have heard about it otherwise" is wrong, and my belief that there was a BTS issue for why NL didn't last on Days.
You don't believe it. Fine.

Moving back on to General Hospital matters now.

• Members

I agree about killing off the younger characters. 

Agreed on Natalia Livingston. LOL. I guess I long for the idea of a better Emily other than her but I do agree she's missed less. Just like how DAYS killed of Will with Guy Wilson in the role. It's easier to swallow when the recast isn't really accepted but it's still a mistake.

I forgot about Ryan LOL only because they shifted his focus to Ava from Felicia but yeah you could have. He did kidnap her as a baby (right?). I think the time has passed for it to make sense with him being behind it (should they ever so choose, but I doubt it's anywhere near a thought to them LOL) but I'd still go for it. LOL. I accept whatever DAYS throws at me to fix a mistake so ... lol, but I would like it to make sense and fit.

• Members

If They wanted Georgie Back I wonder if GH could get Lindze Letherman back Full time. I guess they could recast but I think that may not sit well. Maybe not at the beginning. Like have LL return for  4 months and then recast Georgie if LL doesnt want to act full time once the story has gotten past how Georgie's death was faked. 

• Members

She's made some guest appearances, but that was more under Ron (I know Ron can be a shitshow writer but he knows what we know: those characters should have been on the show and not killed, just like at DAYS, though then he turns around and offs people like it's nothing so ... see, shitshow writer). I have no idea what she is up to in her life now. Does she act? She was such a natural and it pisses me off royally they didn't care and dumped her. Sigh. But, when I think back, a lot of talented actresses have been driven off soaps for BS reasons. Sigh again.

Phelps almost seemed to get off on firing/talking down to capable and likeable actresses (as she shoved actors she was hot for down our throat as well as bland women, hence how Natalia Livingston lasted so long when DAYS say how bad she really was and canned her - an Emmy means squat these days, sorry LOL). There's a history ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It was a brief article in SID, but it really did seem like she was happy and moved on with her life completely.  It's a shame because she was such a likable actress.  Very relatable.  She had a warmth that KS/Maxie never could have.  i miss Georgie way more than Emily.  And I even liked NL as Emily more than most.  I think the biggest problem with Emily is that her and Nik were so forced.  I don't think NL is that bad.  She's nothing special, but she's pretty and likable enough.