GH February 2021 Discussion

• Members

For most of her run I was fine with her. Not a fan but she was decent enough. Not Emmy-worthy at all but the stupidity of the Emmys isn't on her and she was fine.

I think what soured everyone was not so much Nik/Emily who, as overplayed as they were, made sense story-wise.
It was Sonny/Emily. Fair or not, there was no coming back from that.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sonny and Emily were bad.  I don't necessarily think there was no coming back from that though.  It was generally something that happened that was never spoken of again once they broke up.  It was very creepy, but it's basically all but ignored now.  I thought her and Nik and all their stupid romance stories were more obnoxious.  But Soily was obviously more reviled and offensive.  Anyway, I think Emily/NL were fine and there is still a place for her on the canvas, but, oh well, it's not to be I guess.

• Members

Have y’all seen all the Twitter drama? I’ll admit to being shocked. I wonder how that set is...

Then you have Steve Burton clearly making a white power gesture in a scene (while sitting next to a black woman). Many tried to claim it was fake, but people have posted video to prove that isn’t the case. 

• Members

As a Jewish dude I am obvs sensitive to the kind of wink-nod Nazi shít we see IRL all the time now with racists trying to be cute. But I can't see enough of his hand or the angles there to be certain it isn't just how he positioned himself. My hands do weird stuff sometimes too. I have no doubt Big Steve could be full MAGA but I am not gonna Da Vinci Code that without seeing more.

That Ingo/Mo shít needs disciplining though. Frank won't do a thing.

• Members

This is Maurice’s response, which is odd considering it’s underneath Nancy saying she was offended. He should’ve just kept his mouth shut. 

These soap stars need to be careful. The press has given them a pass for so long, but all it takes is one story going viral and that could be the end of their career. 

• Members

What saddens me is that everytime NLG calls them out, she is the one that is made to take her Tweets down and say she was drunk (which to be fair she sometimes is when she is bolder about calling some costars out).
It is the old stereotype of the nut-busting angry nagging liberal harpie winning over the trash that the cast is filled with.

Storywise, you are right. I was more talking about her popularity in the fandom. That's, from my recollection, when the irritation became genuine dislike for her, fair or not.