GH January 2021 Discussion

• Members

It’s certainly much better played than most of the affair reveals we’ve seen lately on daytime. It actually involved the families, which is classic soap. Still there’s something rather thin about it, as I was never that invested in Ned/Olivia. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That was my issue with the Lucas/Brad/Wiley storyline!  Hard to be invested in something that is so sporadic.

I love seeing the recurring cast, but they should not be the main part of umbrella storylines.  Without Nelle and Lucas that story had no emotional tie or jeopardy, and they were both not core cast members.  So stupid.

• Members

Playing catch-up and on 1/12 and...

...WOW. They really have Sonny with no memory? Really? I don't know if I'm shocked that happened or the fact that NONE of his ex ladies (perferably Brenda) didn't stumble on him first.

However...this story has possibilities. Example Ava vs Carly over Avery. I could be down for that. If they kept Sonny away for say...three months...(or just end of February Sweeps). And build to it. It could be crazy.

I could also be down for a TJ vs Brando rivalry...or TJ/Molly/Brando/Sasha quad of some type. I would want TJ with Molly and Brando with Sasha but some messy situation. 

Uh...I know you all have said Chase...well the actor...is good, but regularly watching...I'm seeing why. There's something about how he's acting that draws me in. It could be that I am sucker for when characters have a hint of lovelorn...and JS is giving it and I see it. So I am kinda rooting for him. Sorry, Michael. 

Then again, I can say the same for recast TJ. He's been doing good the last few weeks. I'm seeing him less like a recast.

+ 1

Yeah, I know what I just said. re: Brenda.

But you know what? I like your idea better.

Please register in order to view this content

The possibilities are so much better. 

Edited by Taoboi

I'm finding this Sonny. Just as annoying as regular Sonny. I'm glad his bipolar disorder. Isn't being overlooked. It's nice too see GH. Using Bobbie a bit. Jackie Zeman's mug doesn't look too frozen. You would think MEK and KD scenes would be good. But MEK really bad Southern accent. And his lack of effort. Makes the scenes suck. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Some thoughts ...

I enjoyed the use of Tracy this go around. This is how you make it worth an actor's time to come out of 'retirement' and play. (Jess Walton deserves the same at Y&R but Griffith sucks)

Sonny's amnesia has potential but it's clear his large episode guarantee is a hindrance. How many days can you show Phyllis and Lenny angsting over him? Lord it's already played out.

I like Phyllis and Lenny and appreciate they tied Phyllis in to this, which also crosses into Carly/Nina/Jax and the Nelle secret. Speaking of that, Nina/Jax is ready to implode and that should be fun.

This is how Carly should be written. Well, somewhat. At least she's plotting and scheming and driving story. I LOVE they included Bobbie. FINALLY. I want more of this. It's really all I ask. Just use the vets well; they don't have to be leads. I like they remembered Bobbie's history with Wyndemere and living there. I notice more and more history usage/mentions and I'm here for it. Use it when it's relevant. That's also all I ask.

I literally yawned during the Michael and Willow flashbacks. Really GH. You think this couple has any chemistry? They do not. I know it's subjective but they are literally as boring as paint drying (which is ironic one of their 'sexy' scenes was painting; I swear it was done on purpose). Gawd. Something has to shake up Michael/Willow/Sasha because it's just not working. Sasha works on her own but the actress is still a bit green. Yet I still find her vastly more interesting than who they want to push: Willow. Yet the actress playing Willow has kinda won me over. It's weird. They need to do better here.

Tad and Jenny were finally reunited in Port Charles. LOL. It was nice to see them together. MEK really has started to take care of himself again and it's so nice to see. I was honestly worried about him towards the end of AMC (which, sadly was a decade at this point). I like they're infusing humor into Martin and Valentin more and more. The actors do it well and it works. Valentin is kinda growing on me and it's thanks to MEK and Martin. Weird. 

I enjoyed the Ned/Olivia/Alexis fall-out. Lisa LoCicero is great and I love they're using her more post-covid shutdown. It's noticeable and appreciated, at least by me. Using Tracy to "drive" the story as well helped tremendously.

Steve Burton perks up around Rebecca Herbst, just saying. I'm so sick of Liz being used to prop Franco and Howarth's scenery chewing is beyond old. PLEASE put us out of our misery here.

The show isn't perfect but I do see a ... shift, maybe, and it *almost* feels like Frank is letting Dan and Chris write and that they remembered it's a soap opera. There's lots of potential, IMHO. Let's see how it goes ...

And I like Bellow as TJ. He's grown on me. Tequan is the better actor (and I'm beyond thrilled Tequan and Vinessa are having success outside of daytime, they were STARS and GH failed to use them well) but TB is good when given the material. Molly and TJ aren't used nearly enough. I always get encouraged when they have a few episodes but they aren't on contract so ... sigh.

And honestly, why didn't they just cast Johnny Wactor as Lucky?

• Members

Agreed.

Things have gotten better. But it seems like they often make the wrong decisions story-wise. The wrong things get dragged out for too long (Peter), and the right things get wrapped up too quickly (Ava/Nik/Liz/Franco). I'm hoping they just all go out for everybody during February sweeps.