GH January 2021 Discussion

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Since Cynthia Watros took over as Nina. I like their "friendship", but as always some of their past conflicts have pretty much been glossed over such as Ava's affair with Silas, Nina kidnapping Avery, Ava drugging Sasha back when Nina thought Sasha was her daughter etc etc. I guess you could say that a line was kinda drawn under all that after Nina got her revenge by publishing a scandalous expose on Ava in Crimson (their only significant clash during Watros' tenure), only to be quickly brought down to earth herself when she found out Sasha wasn't her daughter.

Anyway, the story goes is that not long after the Crimson expose, Ava had a mental breakdown - stemming from issues over Kiki's death, Ryan and seeing Nikolas alive - and ended up in Shadybrook; there she was tormented by the recently back from the dead Nikolas. Ava had recently bought a portrait (from Dev, of all people lol) of Helena that contained a codicil to Mikkos' will that disinherited Valentin and Nikolas wanted Ava to tell him where the portrait was, so he pretended to be a ghost and told Ava that he would be stuck in hell with Kiki is she didn't tell him where the portrait was.

Meanwhile, Nina was playing a long-game. She had known all along that it was Valentin who had hired Sasha to pretend to be her daughter and wanted revenge. Valentin eventually told Nina about the codicil and that Ava had somehow gotten hold of the portrait. Seeking answers, Nina went to visit Ava at Shadybrook and was shocked at the state that Ava was in. Ava explained that ghost Nikolas had told her that Kiki was in hell. Nina ended up finding Nikolas' ring and realized that Nikolas was actually alive, so the two teamed up in an unholy alliance against both Nikolas and Valentin.

After that played out (with Nina exposing Valentin at the altar and Ava forcing Nikolas to marry her), the two have basically been friendly ever since.

• Members

Wow. Unholy alliance indeed. Thank you for that info. (And the videos.

Please register in order to view this content

will probably watch later today to get a feel).

Made it to 1-21 now and...

While I have to admit that they are nicely playing the beats with Franco and the tumor I DID NOT LIKE he was the one with Cameron when he got his college letter. THAT WAS ELIZABETH'S SCENE. I kept glaring at the screen. I mean...really? Could you imagine how much better that scene would have been with his own mother?

Awww look at these plotty but organic scenes between Jason and Britt.

Where I'm watching...Olivia just realized Ned slept with Alexis. Whoever wrote these scenes clearly had a good time. It built beautiful throughout this episode especially (1-21) and love that at the same time Alexis also realized that Tracy was setting her up...and walks right into the Q living room. Both women figuring it out mostly for themselves and on a collosion course with each other. LOVE. 

And of course Tracy is LOVE.

Just realized that there has been no or very little Laura scenes this week. Meh,

• Members

I should add - if you haven't seen the videos yet - that "unholy alliance" wasn't a description I came up with, but what the characters themselves described it as. And it sums up their situation at the time - and even now to an extent - quite neatly

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Dion

• Members

And it's so true. I at least watched enough of their history during RC's run to know how unholy it is...lol.

Now I'm on 1-25...and firstly...BOBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly...when did Lucky Gold start writing for this show? And is that a good thing?