GH January 2021 Discussion

• Members

Coming from the obvious biggest Vanessa/Brenda fan in the virtual room, I am indifferent on her returning.  Does she bring out good game from Mo, Ingo, Laura, and Steve?  Absolutely.  Is she the best romantic interest for both Jax and Sonny?  For sure.  Will she bring some ratings?  Yes.  But there is only so much she can bring in these short term returns, so it has  to be years (not wasted with dayplayers in fakeRome).  I 100% buy Jax and Sonny will always be in love with her forever and ever, but it's always a hard take when she leaves 5 min after professing her undying love to them.  The fact she can still unquestionably drive story means she's valuable, but it would have to be the right situation.  And I mean VM's child is 18 now so I don't think that's stopping her anymore.  I think it's more of a need/wish from FV, which I don't think has happened although I think MB pushes for it, and a meeting of Vanessa's demands, which probably don't fit in to daytime's current climate.  But I think she is one of the few daytime 'stars' that can demand her worth, so she can just wait on the call lol.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well if Vanessa refused to play a romance with Dante, there is no way she is coming back with Michael’s kid!

I never thought they actually had sex.  Brenda is impulsive but not with Michael.  Jason maybe, but not Michael.  Besides she already has one problematic kid.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

It would be humorous if the show found something more objectionable than a Brenda/Dante baby and gave Michael/Brenda a kid.  Outside of the fun Carson reactions, we would probably just be subjected to sad sack Michael whining about it for eternity.

I don't think Brenda actually slept with him, but the whole scenario was bizarre and unnecessary.  Carly and AJ's reactions were good though.

• Members

All this blackmail about Dev would make a lot more sense if the damn kid was still alive. Thinking about it, it really has been crazy how Cyrus has eaten the show over the past year. It's like they just decided to throw him into as many stories as they could. I wonder what the original projection for the storyline was. It can't be what we've been seeing now.

• Members

Well before him it was Shiloh.  And Ryan.  I think it is their style to have one eat the show villain a year.

I do think the Laura angle was added in after they saw the scenes with Genie and the audience response to it.  There was a period of time that he was much more menacing with her than he now is, although they have explained that in the story.

• Members

I like Michael, but this made me LOL

You're right. It does seem like their style, but this time around it just seems so thrown together, like they just keep piling stuff on because they don't know what to do.

Weaving Laura into the storyline has really helped it a lot, but I imagine that it would have been less disjointed if this had been the plan from the very beginning.

• Members

I actually didn't like that at all. I know Brenda could be petty but that was just not a good look, imo. Brenda's presence would alone would have shook Carly. I just prefer, "I'm worth the wait" Brenda versus let me fake pretend sleeping with the love of my life's adopted son. 

Edited by full hearts

• Members

She lost a lot of weight and looks really good.

Same here. And are we going to get flirting between this nurse and Sonny? The story is a mess because there’s no way he’d be missing for more than a couple days. A mob boss and no one knows him???

I hate the entire Cyrus involvement, period. Lousy character that’s not believable played by an actor who’s miscast. He’s just not someone who looks like a threat to an entire town.