GH January 2021 Discussion

• Members

Hahahaha. I HATED her on 90210, too for that. And she WAS an annoying character. Just ugh.

Oh...really? Doesn't sound like they put that to much use at all. 

If I remember correctly you are right. Once it was reveal that Angel killed Sorel, I do believe Sonny helped her escape town to escape the police. it was handled quickly.

Yeah, Hannah definitely had more possibilities if they had wrote her with Taggert or AJ. The character had potential, but alas I agree that her likeness probably did her in.

Speaking of VM...now I'm curious...you said you checked out when Brenda's mother drove her over the cliff. Did you happen to catch her one day cameo (okay two day since it was a Friday cliffhanger) they used her to write Jax out? I'm sure I've asked but my apologies for not remember. Long week.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol replied in edits in my previous post.  Totally checked in to watch Jax leave and was shocked to see her.  I think it was totally unspoiled and I died and went to GH heaven because I knew she would be back.  And was alive even though I am sure most of the audience never had a doubt she was.  Her being all gorgeous and saying "I'm worth the wait" was iconic.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

was that this time (1998 - 99) though, or  was it the time in 2006 when Jason took over the organization after Sonny was dating Emily

, or the time in 2008 when Jason took over after Michael got shot?

• Members

I'm two weeks behind on GH so I've been avoiding the thread for the most part and just happened to see the conversation about Jason's experience to lead. I missed it.

That said...   I remember SOD was being coy how VM would factor into Jax's exit. I was not watching regularly at the time, but reading SOD then, I was curious to see what this surprise would be. My sister, Mom, and I had been debating that the only way he would leave was if he saw Brenda so tuning in and see her...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. LOL. 

'I'm worth the wait.' Yes. Will always be iconic. 

And I did tune in the following week just to see how it was resolved.

Well played.

See? I felt like Jason has run the organization well EVERY time he has taken over. Except for maybe 2008 but I was not a regular viewer then to verify.

• Members

I remember clearly deprogramming my VCR lol after Brenda went off that cliff.  Didn't watch the funeral or aftermath or anything til years later.  I was 14 to be fair and so upset.  But I tuned in for 'events' like Sonny coming home or Jax leaving because my mom still watched. I just was happy with the Brenda shout out with the fake Brenda played by Eva Longoria.  And then I saw actual Vanessa Marcil and I really thought she'd be back like instantly because she had left 90210 at this point.  To be fair though, I literally think a Brenda coming back announcement will happen any day now with no basis on facts because, you know, 2010 sucked but I still believe it will be righted somehow eventually lol.  They let boring ass characters like Willow play lead, why not actually let a good or once good character come back?

• Members

Problematic though the 50th may have been...THAT was Brenda. I would love to see her and Laura on again at the same time. It just takes me back to good times. 

LOL!! I so forgot about Eva Longoria as the fake Brenda. Didn't she just vanish even though they appear to be writing a story for her?

Personally, I feel like if (okay WHEN) she comes back it will be as under-wraps as how they brought in the nuNik with no hints or Taggert as well...and IT BETTER BE A FRIDAY CLIFFHANGER.

I even think the reason some of the cast are finally leaving now is to make room.   But all I am basing that on is that tweeting she was doing before Corona hit. 

• Members

I had no problem with Brenda at the 50th.  Was it petty for her to throw bread rolls at Carly and pretend sleep with Michael?  Absolutely but Brenda can be hella petty.  But I enjoyed the Sonny and Brenda scenes even if Brenda and jax were unnecessarily ruined.

I don't really trust VM's tweets because she always like I would love to come back, etc. and nothing happens, but it does seem like the obvious chain of reactions if Sonny loses his memory or whatever.

• Members

In 2008, Jason actually refused to give the organization back, so Sonny joined the Zaccharas and ended up in that arranged marriage to Claudia. They reconciled post toxic-spheres and Jason handed the organization back over.

If/when they do get her back, Kassius could play Brenda's son. Dev's death left room in the teen set afterall.

----

Oh and back to today, I was very happy to see Lesley back already. Wasn't too sure about her comments about having had affairs with lots of married men at first, but I think she was making a bit of a sarcastic joke about it since she initially didn't put it together that Cyrus was referring to Gordon (I mean seriously Laura, I love you, but you told Carly about Cyrus being your brother before you told your own mother?).

Edited by Dion

• Members

Her son is very handsome but can we please make Alec Jax's somehow?  I take him as Sonny's kid and his looks match up better for that, but I'd prefer Jax. I am an S&Ber for life but I hated how her and Jax ended and I think there is more story there for them.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I liked Hannah too or maybe it was just the plot that I liked. When Peaky Blinders first premiered back in 2013, the story with Tommy/Grace reminded me of Hannah's. I got what the writers were trying to do if the casting had been different that could have been a more compelling story, imo. Out of all the brenda-bots that is the one I can watch again.

As for Angel, no desire to watch that era again. 

• Members

I get what you are saying and I think if they cast someone that was less of a doppelganger to Brenda it might have worked, but the whole point of Hannah's story was that she looked like Brenda so Sonny would fall for her.  It wasn't a coincidence she looked like her.  The show actually pointed that out, but again, she could have had other stories.   The show already put her in that mold so it was harder for her to climb out of.  Angel was just sucky.  I don't think she was even trying to look or be like Brenda but her story made her seem that way.