GH January 2021 Discussion

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It seems like VM is willing to come back.  She pimps S/B all over social media and it's not like she doing anything else lol.  I am not sure FV wants her back.  There are rumors they did not get along.  And I am sure she comes with a hefty price tag still..

It seems like she managed her money okay so she doesn't need to work to just pay the bills.  I know she has a fondness for Brenda but it's kinda like do it or don't at this point.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Allegedly she's kinda of diva.  Which I can sorta allow, but not in these times.  But MB literally seems to adore her so I am sure she will be back eventually.  The story is her and FV really got into a screaming match and he hates her.  But she's Brenda Barrett and one of the few people that I think actually has clout today.....even considering her abysmal returns

• Members

The rumor was Frank doesn't want her back because VM was VM, did her thing, and he doesn't like that and wants to prove he's bigger than the stars. He had no problem kowtowing to Tony when he vetoed reuniting Luke and Laura, though.

Edited by Vee

• Members

As a true blue Brenda fan none of her returns bothered me that much.  They weren't good at all, but I don't think LW diminished her at all.  VM not referring to Carly by name but calling her "THAT GIRL" is kinda legendary.  When GH is all said and done Brenda will always be Sonny's #1 pairing.  And Jax's too.  So it really doesn't matter if she returns or not.

• Members

I thought Brenda's last return was fun. They mixed her up with many people and it kept her viable. I loved her enthusiastic greeting to A.J. Her and Robin's reactions were good for that character's standing in the eyes of fans, which makes me all the more upset he's still dead again.

• Members

I loved Brenda in the ‘90s and her first return, but I felt the magic was *gone* those last two returns. The writing just wasn’t there, and VM’s acting was... inconsistent at best. And I didn’t mean that LW diminished her. The writers seemed to stack the deck in Carly’s favor, which is understandable because she’s the show’s main leading lady. It’s hard when a huge star returns for short stints sometimes.

• Members

I thought her and SK's AJ had a lot of chemistry  And I think the show was going there if she didn't have fire chemistry with MB at the time.  VM in the 90's literally had chemistry with everyone except Ricky Martin.

VM's acting choices were odd as [!@#$%^&*].. The cackle, the weird pauses, the vacant smile...I can go on and on.  But I think the writing was slanted towards Carly, but it didn't change MB or IR's reactions to her which were still golden.  Even Dante showed signs of life with her.  I get the writing and Brenda never getting the last word with that hosebeast, but it didn't diminish the character to me.  When she told Sonny she loved him but didn't like him or when she said he used to stand for something but now stands for nothing at all was so vintage Brenda.  And yeah, I liked her throwing breadrolls at Carly.  It might not be popular, but her kissing Sonny at the airport in 2013 was still very hot.

• Members

Still makes me laugh to this day

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue - Page 114 - General  Hospital - PRIMETIMER

I've always liked this TJ a lot more than the other one, but he's being really stupid today and the writing isn't doing him any favors either. I will never understand why the writers are having people blame Jordan for Molly's affair. The blame lies with Molly and only Molly.

• Members

OMG STILL HILARIOUS LOL.  I mean I can stan and say Brenda wouldn't do that at fundraiser for Robin and Stone but it's still funny. I want to throw a bread roll at Carly all the time.  Also why are Brenda and Carly at the same table?  That wouldn't ever happen lol.  Poor form Lucy!!!

Also Carly calling out Brenda after fake sleeping with Michael is awesome.  I wish I could transcribe it, but her saying Brenda was a whore to Sonny and she keeps trying to claw her way into "angel" status was really good. I mean, literally no self awareness, but it was still on point dialogue referencing Brenda trying to be like Lily.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Does anyone seriously want Brenda back under #firefrank?  He makes [!@#$%^&*] out of everything the writers try to do.  Since she's not a pet, he'd likely have her having crypt sex with Brando while Franko watches , chewing the scenery, giving a play by play....

• Members

I think the issue with Vanessa is whatever she wants, Frank is unwilling to give it to her.  I always just assumed it was the terms of the contract.  The only times I have seen her say anything about him she was complimentary.  She has made it clear she does not want to be locked down in a long contract, she likes making her TV movies.  Some of that was about her kid, some about how she wants to live her life.  She is also incredibly frugal and smart with her money.

I love her, but I also think that unless she is going to sign on for at least two years, if not three, then the amount of story she drives is not worth the short term disruption of the entire show.  It happened with both her returns, and both times there was a huge gaping whole where Brenda was or should be for months.  How do you keep playing Sonny and her as great loves when we know she is going to leave soon?

On the other hand- they need star power and a shuffling of some of the decks.

And yes, completely ridiculous that they killed AJ off again.  And that strikes me as being in retaliation more than anything I have seen about VM.