21 hours ago, titan1978 said:

In the old soap days, Sonny would have amnesia and end up with a new love interest once all of this is done.  Ava would somehow discover his new life and keep it to herself.  And Jason and Carly would absolutely end up falling in bed while he is gone.  And in true soap tradition, his new lady would be the complete opposite of Carly or Brenda.  Maggie or Hope on the farm type.  And it would lead to years of story and possibly actual growth with Sonny.  Or at least another real chance for him to claim he wants power above everything else.

If he’s going to be there, I want to see him doing something different for a change.

I am more for this version of events over Brenda finding Sonny.  It would be such a crappy thing for Brenda to do to keep him from his family, especially knowing who he was from the jump.  It would be very Liz/Jake/Drew/Jason to do that and very un-Brenda like.

I actually like your whole scenario with the farm type girl and a Jarly hook up, but I would dread a new Sonny love interest because at this point it's clear it's very difficult to find someone MB has chemistry with.  But I am willing to suffer through it if it's temporary, makes Sonny see him and Carly are awful together, ends JaSam for good, and eventually brings Brenda back to reunite with a changed Sonny.

But this is GH and this amnesia thing will last a few months and everything will go back to exactly the way it was before after this plays out.  Bummer, because I do think this idea has potential.  Also, hasn't this story happened before?  With the aforementioned Angel?  Didn't he meet her after he was shot or stabbed and she saved him and took him to a farm or cabin?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@carolineg Ita just a classic soap trope, which was down extremely well and had lasting ramifications on both DAYS (which lasted a long time), and later Y&R.  Victor has disappeared a couple of times over the years with this type of story.

I just want anything that allows Maurice to bring back some of the charm he used to have as Sonny.  Something completely different than what we have seen since Lily died or since he and Carly fell in love.  It really did wonders for Victor on Y&R (at the time), and gave Nikki the first real competition she had felt in a long time, because Hope also had his child.

1 hour ago, carolineg said:

Also, hasn't this story happened before?  With the aforementioned Angel?  Didn't he meet her after he was shot or stabbed and she saved him and took him to a farm or cabin?

I don't know much about what happened with Angel and Sonny, but I do know it happened with Nikolas and Mary...

21 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

@carolineg Ita just a classic soap trope, which was down extremely well and had lasting ramifications on both DAYS (which lasted a long time), and later Y&R.  Victor has disappeared a couple of times over the years with this type of story.

I just want anything that allows Maurice to bring back some of the charm he used to have as Sonny.  Something completely different than what we have seen since Lily died or since he and Carly fell in love.  It really did wonders for Victor on Y&R (at the time), and gave Nikki the first real competition she had felt in a long time, because Hope also had his child.

For sure.  I think it would be great for Sonny to do something different.  For Jason/Carly to do something different.  I am sure MB can still be charming, maybe?  It would be nice for Carly to have some serious, non Brenda competition for Sonny for once.  But again, they would have to find an actress that worked.

3 minutes ago, Dion said:

I don't know much about what happened with Angel and Sonny, but I do know it happened with Nikolas and Mary...

I just googled it and Sonny got stabbed by Angel's dad and she found him and tended to him in her cabin in the woods.  Sadly this is the 2nd time I have looked up Angel's character this week lol.  

Nikolas and Mary and Connor leading to Emily's rape and someones? murder (Sage?).  Which eventually leads to Emily/Sonny and Courtney/Nik.  Gross...

1 minute ago, carolineg said:

Nikolas and Mary and Connor leading to Emily's rape and someones? murder (Sage?).  Which eventually leads to Emily/Sonny and Courtney/Nik.  Gross...

yes that's the one. Nikolas crashed his car on the way to save Emily from Zander and ended up amnesiac and in the care of Mary, who told Nikolas he was her presumed dead husband Connor.

Yes, Sonny already had a story like that with Angel. It dragged. They introduced the lake house set where Alexis lives now during that time. 

If I remember correctly, didn't Y&R do that story again with Victor when Jack/Brad took over Newman in 1999 but the female character didn't become his love interest. 

14 minutes ago, full hearts said:

Yes, Sonny already had a story like that with Angel. It dragged. They introduced the lake house set where Alexis lives now during that time. 

If I remember correctly, didn't Y&R do that story again with Victor when Jack/Brad took over Newman in 1999 but the female character didn't become his love interest. 

When prompted by synopsis I do remember the Angel story vaguely.  I remember them being in that house and Sonny hiding from Carly or something and Angel and Sonny getting closer.  So is this the same lake house Jax or Skye or Jax/Skye lived in circa 2002?   I remember the living room being similar.  If so how did Alexis get it?

OH LORD!!!! CARLY, WHAT DID YOU DO!!!! AND BOBBIE IS IN ON IT, TOO!!!!

I...just...

Please register in order to view this content

5 hours ago, carolineg said:

When prompted by synopsis I do remember the Angel story vaguely.  I remember them being in that house and Sonny hiding from Carly or something and Angel and Sonny getting closer.  So is this the same lake house Jax or Skye or Jax/Skye lived in circa 2002?   I remember the living room being similar.  If so how did Alexis get it?

Yes, it is the same lake house. I can't remember who bought it. I think Skye was kicked out of the Q mansion, there was fighting over ELQ. Then she was living at the lake house. 

Why do people keep blaming Jordan for Molly cheating with Brando?? It is NOT her fault! The blame lies with Molly and nobody else! Not even Cyrus.

Today's episode was unbearable. With everyone grieving Sonny. I just love that Tracy doesn't give a toss about Sonny.  Loved TJ's shower scene. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton
12 hours ago, full hearts said:

Yes, it is the same lake house. I can't remember who bought it. I think Skye was kicked out of the Q mansion, there was fighting over ELQ. Then she was living at the lake house. 

I think Jax owned it?  Because I vaguely remember Brenda being there a lot.  Or maybe Brenda was just being a huge jerk hanging out at Skye's house?  Possibly...  I remember Brenda savagely offering Skye a drink in that living room and Skye calling her a home wrecking whore, but more amazingly articulated than that* I believe that's one of the scenes RC submitted for the Emmys, but both scenes she submitted heavily featured VM/Brenda so that probably was to her detriment.  Not because VM was a better actress (although I will stan her emmy win), but because it was just a lot of Brenda in the reel.  But they also brought her cottage back at that time.  They should bring back that cottage set.  It was cute.  Someone like Sasha should live there.

Edited by carolineg
On 1/9/2021 at 1:27 AM, carolineg said:

Lol replied in edits in my previous post.  Totally checked in to watch Jax leave and was shocked to see her.  I think it was totally unspoiled and I died and went to GH heaven because I knew she would be back.  And was alive even though I am sure most of the audience never had a doubt she was.  Her being all gorgeous and saying "I'm worth the wait" was iconic.

Wasn't that actually Eva Longoria standing in?

On 1/10/2021 at 7:45 PM, carolineg said:

I am more for this version of events over Brenda finding Sonny.  It would be such a crappy thing for Brenda to do to keep him from his family, especially knowing who he was from the jump.  It would be very Liz/Jake/Drew/Jason to do that and very un-Brenda like.

I actually like your whole scenario with the farm type girl and a Jarly hook up, but I would dread a new Sonny love interest because at this point it's clear it's very difficult to find someone MB has chemistry with.  But I am willing to suffer through it if it's temporary, makes Sonny see him and Carly are awful together, ends JaSam for good, and eventually brings Brenda back to reunite with a changed Sonny.

But this is GH and this amnesia thing will last a few months and everything will go back to exactly the way it was before after this plays out.  Bummer, because I do think this idea has potential.  Also, hasn't this story happened before?  With the aforementioned Angel?  Didn't he meet her after he was shot or stabbed and she saved him and took him to a farm or cabin?

It did with Angel. That was a disaster.

I do like the Brenda angle but like you said, she'd never keep him from his family. But they're idiots to not play her into it.

And like you said, everything will revert back to how it was in a few months. I'd love for this to be different. 

Meanwhile, I appreciate they finally are showing TJ having a POV in all of this. 

3 minutes ago, SteelCity said:

Wasn't that actually Eva Longoria standing in?

Eva appeared as a Brenda look a like but Vanessa actually cameoed.

2 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

It did with Angel. That was a disaster.

I do like the Brenda angle but like you said, she'd never keep him from his family. But they're idiots to not play her into it.

And like you said, everything will revert back to how it was in a few months. I'd love for this to be different. 

Meanwhile, I appreciate they finally are showing TJ having a POV in all of this. 

I would play Brenda into this but like Sonny still loves Brenda amnesia/non-amnesia so I am not sure how it changes things.   He's not actively pursuing her, but they never fell out of love.  Or at least not to my knowledge.  If he only had memories up to 1992 or something then I see Brenda as a player in this.