LATEST RATINGS: July 20-24, 2020

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is going to happen with all of them. They’re rushing these shows back with little promo and the stories are the same old crap which won’t entice people to tune in. I’ve always maintained they should’ve stacked episodes and relaunched late September with the primetime series and promoted their returns as a season premiere. 

• Members

I just don’t get why these egg heads didn’t think to relaunch with some sort of bang. B&B’s first week back was watchable, but it was so low key. Maybe do a return or something major to say “WE’RE BACK!” Even without proper promotion it would give them something to build over time. 

I’m especially curious for Y&R because that show was so damn boring when it went off the air. Good luck winning back those viewers with that mess. 

• Members

I agree. They should be using this as a 'relaunch' if you will. Have things HAPPEN. B&B sounded watchable, I didn't watch and forgot to set the DVR to check it out. They could have really promoted the return of new episodes. 

Yeah, I'm curious about Y&R too. I think they may have an uphill battle to reclaim viewers unless they make drastic changes. But they clearly don't seem to think they have a problem. None of the soaps seem to realize the problems they have that we see on a daily basis.

• Members

This cracks me up!

Agree with GLATWT88 too, wasn't sure what numbers to expect for BB (but probably better than this).

Adding, I've been enjoying Days' last four wedding-themed weeks, been noticing an increase each week.

Edited by clubkidjeff

• Members

I don't find the numbers that surprising. It doesn't take long for individual viewing habits to change when they are forced to. For daytime, most people watched daily or caught up weekly. If they weren't interested in repeats, they found something else to do. I expect the numbers will improve a little bit over the next couple of weeks as more people hear there are new episodes, and again when Y&R comes back, but my guess FWIW is that 20% or so won't come back, particularly if they were just watching out of habit rather than actual enjoyment.

• Members

I would have guessed this.  I didn't see any promotion for B&B returning and now they were all pre-empted yesterday for the funeral.  Soap viewing is habit and people are out of the habit.  I wouldn't doubt it that Y&R will tank even more than it was, unless they promote its return and pair it with promotions with B&B - both are back....

• Members

I just think there isn't much money for... anything. They could have been using the time to retool things, write some good scripts, try to get some big actors back, do promo. They can't afford to do any of that so they're all going to pick up with the same scripts and only minor tweaks to recap. It's a completely wasted opportunity. Plus, they have to pay the costs of testing and the on-set virus consultants. Filming is probably taking nearly twice as long.  We know on B&B, they are filming scenes twice because of the mannequins. Y&R is doing more shooting outside which comes with lighting and sound complications. So more costs, less revenue, and lower ratings. It's not good. I predict that all of the soaps will be moving to  DAYS-type schedule of cramming in months of filming as soon as that's possible.