• Members

Actually I am happy that Schuldt and Zea found both real life happiness with each other and found great success outside of daytime. 

Hahaha one of the weirdest things about about Passions was aside from Juliet Mills, Kim Johnston Ulrich and “We’ve got Susan Lucci’s daughter!” is that Passions premiered without any big name star in any of the roles. I recall Maureen McCormick from the Brady Bunch was the original Rebecca but she left not long after that. Once Andrea Evans was hired as a recast coming off as Tawny on B&B, Passions finally started finally  hiring name actors/stars for roles (Robin Strasser, Amelia Marshall, Christopher Douglas, Kathleen Noone, Leigh Taylor Young, Kristina Sisco, Blair Redford, John Reilly, David Bailey etc) to often mixed to disastrous results.

Edited by soapfan770

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Christie Clark as Carrie Brady on DAYS

Andrea Barber originated the role of Carrie Brady.

August 4, 1982 - March 21, 1986.
Andrea first appeared on DAYS when she was 6 years old.
Andrea last appeared on DAYS when she was 9 years old.

Christie Clark
Recurring: April 14, 1986 - April 1, 1987.
Contract: April 17, 1987 - October 10, 1989.
Recurring: October 17, 1989 - January 14, 1991
Christie first appeared on DAYS when she was 12 years old.
Christie left DAYS when she was 17 years old.

Tracy Middendorf
January 10, 1992 - December 14, 1992.
Tracy Middendorf first appeared on DAYS just before her 22nd birthday.

Christie Clark
Christie Clark returned to DAYS when she was 19 years old, and the role of Carrie Brady has been hers ever since.
Contract: December 18, 1992 - November 19, 1999.
Contract: December 2, 2005 - October 26, 2006.
Recurring (short stints) in 2010, 2011.
Contract: September 26, 2011 - July 24, 2012.
Recurring (short stints) in 2017, 2018, 2019.
Christie now lives in the UK, but visited to tape the 2019 appearance.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

So I heard the most generic song in a hotel lobby a couple of months ago, an absolutely hilariously over the top ode to the sound of sunshine, whatever that is. And it just made me laugh. I've been watching a lot of Passions recently and it reminds me of the television show version of that. There's something so generically late 20th century/early 21st century America about it, and the lack of big name actors definitely plays into that.

• Members

One of the worst cases of an actor returning to their role was Gina Tognoni as Kelly on OLTL. I’d go as far as to say she was the worst Kelly and I include her original run in that. Her work on Guiding Light was brilliant, but also surprising because of how blah she was on OLTL. I thought Tracy Melchior was as good, but obviously the chance to have a name like Heather Tom was too good to pass up. Heather was the best Kelly by far and it is amazing how different she was from Victoria. In fact, all three of her soap roles are unique. She should be on of the biggest stars in tv and film by now. 

Also, and I know it’ll be unpopular, but I feel Brenda Epperson was better as Ashley than Eileen Davidson. Considering Eileen is still saying they need to recast because she won’t come back full time, I always hope they’ll bring Brenda back. 

• Members

I can only remember two examples from B&B:

Rick Forrester

Jacob Young (1997-1999)
Justin Torkildsen (1999-2006)
Kyle Lowder (2007-2011)
Jacob Young (2011-2018)

Storm Logan

Ethan Wayne (1987-1989)
Brian Patrick Clarke (1990-1991)
Ethan Wayne (various guest appearances between 1994 and 2004)

William deVry (2006-2008)

• Members

Stafford used to be a formidable and even charismatic talent, but then got very lazy in the mid-00’s and started pushing her own storyline agendas and has never recovered.

If anything, the stint on GH proved how bad and lazy she had gotten when she couldn’t hide under the cache of the Phyllis character.