• Members

I agree

FYI, Phyllis being a "murderer," like Kay and a few others on screen today, doesn't mean years later one cant say there are things Kay, Phyllis, Michael, etc., wouldn't do at this juncture.  

Edited by rlj

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have been thinking often of the story Victoria Rowell tells about why she fell out with MS. That scene where Stafford did a spittake on her with a glass of water without warning her and getting her OK first.
When I first heard her tell the story many eons ago, conditioned that I was to consider VR "difficult", I thought "Doesn't seem so bad. VR sounds like she overreacted".
But thinking back on it now, first with the benefit of understanding more my underlying racial biases for one, and knowing more about the behind-the-scenes for two, I can now totally see how that anecdote sums up MS.
She can't let the scene be the scene: she has to ad-lib, make it more at the risk of making it too much, draw attention to herself at the risk of disrespecting her costars. It is about her and not about her character or the story. She plays her scenes like it is a wrestling match with the other actors for who is going to "win" the scene rather than a partnership to elevate the material.
That's why I liked GT better. MS is Phyllis, granted, but Phyllis was more interesting played by an actress who acts with her costars rather than at them. I dread thinking what the Jack-lookalike-rape story would have been like if MS had played it.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Here we go, MS is this, MS is that, LOL

Not sure bringing up the spittake that went wrong with VR is a good thang given VRs cruel treatment of a young CK

A lot here despise MS on a personal level and are IMHO projecting that onto her co stars, I'm guilty of that at times.  Perhaps MS learned from the spittaje incident 15 years ago, she's a Mom now.  We have no proof she's acting at her Co stars and not with them!

Edited by rlj

• Members

VR has been quite cordial to CK in recent years and they of course did a few press things together last year after KSJ’s death. Whatever it was doesn’t seem to bother either of them anymore.

And of course this poster would have an issue with the general consensus on this board regarding Stafford and her lack of talent and charisma for the past decade or more...

Edited by BetterForgotten