What are some of the longest running Soap rivalries??

• Members

Lucy had an affair with Bobbie’s husband Jake and got pregnant (Bobbie cannot have children).  There was a miscarriage, and Lucy had started working for Tony as a nanny to BJ (Tony’s wife had died shortly before).  BJ was named in honor of Bobbie, and she and Lucy often argued about her manipulations of Tony.  Once they were married, she hated that Tony still kind of got a kick out of Lucy’s antics.  They had a couple of cat fights as I recall.

Then came Damian Smith- Lucy and Damian made a bet that he could not come between them, and sleep with Bobbie.  His prize if he did was to sleep with Lucy.  She picked them because she thought there was no way.  Well she did.  And they had an affair, and Tony found them kissing in the GH stairwell when their daughter BJ was brought in to the hospital after a bus accident.  Which lead to Maxie receiving BJ’s heart.

In recent times there was some stuff with Scotty.

So Jake, Tony, Damian and Scotty are all men they shared.  Plus Bobbie and Alan almost had an affair so they could have both slept with him too very easily.

Edited by titan1978

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And just a little before the affair with Jake, we have Lucy being the mistress of Bobbie's psycho son-in-law, Kevin. Lucy made claims that she was manipulated, was trying to live a decent life, etc., but Bobbie could read her like a book.

And just a little after Damian (where I am in the episode summaries right now), Lucy was briefly jealous of the idea that Bobbie could be attracted to Kevin. (He was the Jones' therapist when they weren't sure if their marriage would survive.) Lucy was also jealous of Felicia, too, who was between men in 1994.

• Members

Jill and Katherine feud lasted too long...from reading past history.it seemed like Bell semi ended it in 1980 with the two going separate ways..with occasionally interactions between 1980 and 1984.  It became pointless by the 90s..imho

• Members

Technically, Barnabas and Angelique from DARK SHADOWS win this because they hated each other for over 150 years.

I do think it's funny because rivalries absolutely do last decades in real life. I think the difference is on soaps, the characters interact with each other regularly whereas in real life, you probably wouldn't talk to someone you despise that often.

• Members

Even in RL some people can hold a pretty mean grudge.

Please register in order to view this content

I would say Jill/Katherine and yep Viki/Dorian would owe this thread.

And even though it has faded down wasn't Phyllis vs Cricket long running, even acknowledged with GT Phyllis during the Walnut Grove celebration.

ETA: @All My Shadows Lol I just said that, too.

And shame on me for forgetting Phyllis/Sharon OR Erica/Brooke.

Edited by Taoboi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Even as a kid watching it with my mom, I didn't understand why these two women who hated each other so much were constantly showing up at each other's home to talk! lol

My favorite though was one time when Esther told Katherine that Jill had just showed up at their house, and Kay said, "That's funny. I didn't hear her broom pull up."

• 1 month later...