What are some of the longest running Soap rivalries??

• Members

I would have to say Y&R takes the cake with both Jill/Katherine and Jack/Victor which went on for decades even after two of the actors that began the rivalries left the roles in Brenda Dickson and Terry Lester.

I’d love to see some footage of Terry Lester’s Jack vs. Victor, as I’ve only seen the iconic moments between Bergman’s Jack and Victor. Was the hate as intense with Lester’s Jack?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yep. When she married Victor, then he died. Viki and the town spent 20 years believing and later trying to prove Dorian killed him. When I started watching in '93 they were beginning that story and it blew my mind that it went back decades.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It really is pretty pathetic especially Jack and Victor and the various women they shared as well. If I hate someone I typically avoid them at all costs and we’re certainly not swapping bed partners.

• Members

Vanessa & Meg hated/disliked/tolerated each other for most of Love of Life's 29 year run.

I wouldn't say they had a real rivalry once Tara left the show, but Erica Kane NEVER liked Tara Martin! She married her Tara's brother, slept with her son, and married her high school sweetheart to boot!

Susan & Kim (ATWT)

Phyllis & Sharon have been going at it since Cassie's death (Y&R)

• Members

What we saw onscreen is nothing compared to EB/PB real life beef. Watch any Victor/Jack scene from the first 15 years of PB's run; the tension between them is visible. From what I remember in EB's book, he didn't delve into many details of said beef but he seemed regretful of it.

What I've always wondered was EB's working relationship w/ TL. EB never mentioned TL in his book and he also didn't comment to the soap press when TL passed away.

• Members

We only saw five years of it onscreen, but Myrna Graves vs. Clarissa and Judson Tyler began thirty years prior to where the action started on Capitol in '82.

Shown in flashbacks, Myrna and Clarissa were best friends and Myrna was giddy telling Clarissa about Baxter McCandless who she'd fallen for... hard. But Baxter had his eye on Clarissa, Clarissa broke sis code, Myrna sought revenge. She accused Clarissa's dad, Judge Judson Tyler, of being red during McCarthyism and he was blacklisted, his political career destroyed.

• Members

The Barnes/Ewing feud on Dallas started decades prior to Bobby and Pam getting married in 1978 and continued through the original series and revival.

Stephanie & Brooke on B&B.

Lisa & Ellen on ATWT stayed catty for decades.

Lauren & Sheila Y&R.

• Members

I remember asking my mom if Victor had ever been on the show and she was like, "Oh my God, yes!" It was so fascinating to me, learning the Lord history in reverse. Victor is perhaps the most influential dead character in soap history, still driving story thirty years after his death.