Days: June 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wish Lucas was on full time. He's one of those characters that just makes it feel more like DAYS for me, and he's needed to beef up the Horton family.

I will never get over the Ben propping. You don't get "cured" from being a serial killer.

• Members

Yeah it's been nice having Lucas back - I've enjoyed his scenes with Kate both days and then him and Will today talking about approaching Allie like a military operation. I'm curious if the father is going to be someone we know or just a random.

• Members

Gosh it's so nice having Lucas back. He's actually always been one of my favorite characters on the show, and Lumi is what got me into Days but of course he was constantly made to be second fiddle to EJ and then Daniel.

It's crazy, this is the first time Lucas has been home that we know of since WIll got out of prison and there was no mention of it. Are we to believe he's been back offscreen to see Will?

I'm excited to see Kate with Allie after hearing Kate talk about their relationships. Kate without any family in town except Will who barely acknowledges her has been a bummer, so I'm excited they're filling out her family again.

I've never enjoyed Rafe, but I do feel bad that he lost David.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Agreed.

Lucas’ branch of the Horton family deserves to be on the show. I hope they keep him and Allie around, i know it’s only been two episodes but she actually reminds me of Sami a little. As for Will, he and Sonny will probably be back soon.

Edited by AbcNbc247

Elani's pregnancy is boring filler. I'm liking Allie. She's giving me pregnant teen Sami vibes. I liked a boring Ericole's scenes with Allie. WilSon recapping

I did like Will briefly taking about the adoption agency's discriminating. And how he didn't face any #$@&%*! when he and Gabi had Ari.  I'm feeling sorry for Rafe too. 

• Members

I think they just don't know what to do with Eli and Lani...which is a shame since the characters have so much potential.

We need another "Sami-like" troublemaker. Maybe Allie will be it.

Nicole is soooooo boring to me when she's the "good one." She worked much better as a bitchy, scheming mess. In some ways, I feel the character has really run its course.

Definitely....the Hortons don't feel like a real family anymore since it's so fractured. Tom and Alice have lots of descendants but they often don't feel connected. Maybe part of that is budget, so characters end up in storyline islands and don't interact. I get a feeling most actors just get used for the minimum guarantees at this point...if they're on contract.

There's not that unifying character which is usually a patriarch or matriarch that ties it all together. Maggie mostly interacts with just Victor's family, and she was the closest to that character for the Horton family. I like Doug and Julie, and would like to see them more just because of their history of the show. I'm not sure what they'll do with Jennifer and Jack at this point especially since their kids are gone. They can't break them up again...or kill Jack for the 109th time! Hope has no viable love interest at this point, either. If they took time to build the relationships, they could center the Horton family around Hope, Jennifer, and Lucas and their offspring...but have them interact much more than they currently do so they actually feel like a family.

• Members

Part of the problem is that the Hortons are now an extensive family and not an immediate family. Everyone is a cousin or second cousin, third cousin, first cousin once-removed, etc. It's not very realistic that they would all be close and spend a lot of time together. They should have brought Bill, Laura and Mike back and focus on them along with Jennifer and Lucas and their families. Not that they should get rid of Hope or Julie but it would help to centralize the family again. Bill would have made a good patriarch but they killed him off and I don't know what the writers have against Mike and Jeremy Horton. Granted Jeremy was pretty douchey but they can recast and change the character. They do that all the time. I was recently watching Alice's funeral and I think the writers missed a great opportunity not bringing Bill back on the canvas. The actor playing him was excellent and he had great chemistry with Maggie. They could have paired he and Maggie together and make her a Horton again. Bill and Maggie could have become the new patriarch/matriarch of the Hortons. All of that is shot to hell now though. There won't be another Horton patriarch/matriarch. Doug and Julie kind of fit that role but not really. So there's no center. Everybody's scattered and distantly related. I don't see it ever changing. Plus, nobody even has the last name of Horton anymore. I would imagine a new viewer would have a hard time even picking out who is a Horton. 

• Members

Today’s episode was really good.

The Jack/Xander and Brady/Ciara scenes were the best part. I really like when characters who usually don’t interact with one another share scenes together. I wonder if Jack and Xander are going to be the next duo to become besties.

And Ciara was great today. She actually had depth in her scenes with Brady. Is it possible that she’s finally becoming more than just Ben’s little woman? I hope so.

Kate and Lucas were great as always. I expected their reactions to Allie’s pregnancy but I was still glad to see it. 

And seriously, Sarah changes her hairstyle more than people change their socks lol 

I’m also really in the mood to play UNO right now.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Really enjoyed the Xander and Jack scenes today. Hope they eventually develop a friendship. 

Ciara is SO MUCH BETTER when they write for her and she’s away from Ben. Her blackmailing Brady was good stuff and reminds me of the way she was before they sorased her. 

From the Claire scenes to the Allie scenes, good family oriented drama. This is why out of the remaining soaps DAYS still holds a soft spot in my heart :) 

I feel as if the only reason the show feels normal now is because whatever interference the show was having with the writing or final editing is no longer there. JMO. 

• Members

I liked seeing Lucas and agree that he feels like Days to me as well. Pregnant baby Kirsten Dunst is just doing nothing for me. The character is just so bland that I really don't care - maybe if Sami comes back and gives her a good slap and we find out the father of the baby, I might be more invested.