Days: June 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do wish Bo was around to see how’d be as a grandpa to a crazy granddaughter that tried to kill his daughter. I think KA tries but the writing clearly favors Marlena as Claire’s grandmother over Hope, the same way they have Marlena over Kate in Will’s life. One of my favorite stories from a few years ago was Kate vs. Marlena in the grandma wars over Will and his coming out.

The show needs to focus more on the Allie pregnancy story more, mainly because that’s the family I care the most about.

I really hope they didn’t bring Claire back to still be crazy and shipped off again. Also it’s about time they get Shawn and Belle back from Hong Kong permanently.

• Members

Eh, at the end of the day it's a free country and people are allowed to have stupid beliefs. This about Missy isn't anything new - at the end of the day I'd rather have Jennifer Horton on screen without a recast than throw her away because the actress is a bit... special. Maybe they could throw in Jennifer becoming a BLM activist at the Salem Spectator (does Jennifer still work there?) to spite her though.

• Members

I have moved beyond this idea that these things are an opinion anymore, that being racist, homophobic, and sexist is a “belief” that people should unquestionably have.  It’s people’s actual lives.  So she gets no more passes from me just because I like Jennifer Horton.

There is no free country when it is only free for some of us.  And even then, it’s never been “free”.  Just like the 1st Amendment doesn’t mean free speech in a blanket statement.  It spells out quite clearly what is meant. 

• Members

People are free to believe what they want but that shouldn't mean freedom from accountability. Her beliefs are harmful and she should suffer consequences so that she and others know they are unacceptable. I love the character of Jennifer and her place in the Horton family (or what remains of it); her relationship with Jack and their kids but I would be completely fine with a recast.