The Black Lives Matter Thread

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So, it appears that Lafayette park is having massive rioting. This ish is getting real. They are also saying Trump was taken to an underground bunker for a while. Figures. Trump is also saying things like "overwhelming force against the bad guys". I don't think is going to end well. 

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

To be fair, it's been busy at Lafayette Park all weekend with no response from Trump until Anonymous started to bring up his past. And I find it hilarious rather than bring people together...no response. And then...he tweets because he's mad someone spoiled he was in a bunker. lol.

MEANWHILE...

La Mesa went crazy, but from what I've seen and heard, Downtown San Diego (where I live) kept it COMPLETELY peaceful. Plant knocked over; picked up. People hit signs, protestors told them to stop; they did. Time to leave to beat curfew...done.

Sadly, looters apparently are out now. But the good ones seem to have done a great job and marched all over downtown from the building above to the freeway to the police station which I am a few blocks away from...one time I used to live literally across the street from...might that studio. lol. 

• Members

I've been reading so many tweets about watching videos with journalists being attacked by police, many saying they've never experienced this before.

You'd think this might wake the media up about what is coming, but other than empty tut-tutting from heavy Trump enablers like Maggie Haberman, it's the same pushing for Trump and the GOP. Talk about how Biden may not be able to "meet the moment" and coverage that frames the protests in a way that benefits Trump.

Jeff Zucker and friends are so greedy, they simply don't care about what they are going to do to the last gasps of the media in this country, let alone anyone else. They want us all to die for a few bucks.

• Members

WOW. So that was what that picture was re: DC burning. I didn't see it clearly when I saw it last night.

And what can Trump say? Heck, he should not even be tweeting if he isn't going to try to bring people together. And fear for his live? That's his own fault. 

Now...about the media blackout...

• Members

^ At first the killer was only identified as "a downtown bar owner". I said to my husband "I bet it's the guy who owns The Hive" and it was. He's a notorious racist and trans hater in Omaha. No way that's a coincidence.  I fully believe he had every intention of shooting a black person and of using the protests and unrest as a cover.