• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Ironically, real-life is now imitating reel-life. Who knew that would ever happen?

If "B&B" is successful in resuming production in June, I expect "DAYS," "GH" and "Y&R" to follow as well. Depending on said date, "DAYS could be anywhere between four and five months ahead. Better, but still ridiculous. Ideally, 2-3 months ahead wouldn't be out of the question.

• Members

You're right - It'll happen just because of they shoot so many episodes per week and they probably won't have as many dark weeks because the 'dark' months will have more than covered those. I'm sure they've already stocked up the scripts. Sadly, I bet they aren't trying to rewrite the unfilmed scripts in order to take advantage of the audience feedback based on what's aired. 

• Members

That's the thing. They don't even need to work "hard" to build up a gap since they produced around eight episodes per week on average. Within two weeks of production they're already over a week ahead.

When they first started with this model to cut costs the point wasn't to get ahead either, it just sort of gradually happened. For them not to get a few months ahead they'd basically need to more "dark" weeks per year and that's just not going to happen for various reasons.

• Members

considering the dires straits we're in rn, they're probably gonna fk any plans they had on shortening the shoot-ahead-schedule, and the remaining shows are gonna start doing what DAYS does as a precaution. LOL

• Members

Ron said they stopped writing as of New Year's Eve, which is Episode # 14000. They were around the 13950-13955 time frame when production shut down. So they have around 45+ scripts waiting to be taped. As of now, Days is coming close to just being 4 months ahead. They seem to be moving up the 13 sports preemption episodes, so that cuts an extra 3 weeks off of how far ahead they were and moved the last episode taped from airing around October 20ish to October 1ish. It's already moved Freddie Smith and Chandler Massey's last episode up from September 18 to August 31. Unless NBC finally decides to throw in some repeats.

• Members

Interesting. If they don't put in pre-emptions, DAYS will have to restructure those 45 scripts because of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas and NY's. DAYS pretty much covers those holidays in some manner. I'm sure it won't be that hard to do, but I don't think we want to see Xmas the first week in December and NYE before Xmas!